HK Mossie, first sight...... WIBBLE!!!!

notanotherrainydaykit

Pretty damned impressive. Mold techniques I've never seen before with one piece wings and fuse. They even captured the circular hard points in the fuse, they look like injection pin marks but they are not.  Very impressive. 

Damn, this kit is as sexy as plastic gets. I fondled the built up version at Telford whilst supporting HKM, and I do have a few close up shots to aid the build. No instructions as of yet.

There are a few refinements to be made to interior parts, surface detail, and that cookie, but as you see, she's a fine bird.

Thanks for the effort there James ... a fair bit of photography involved - but I'm sure that you enjoyed every minute of it!! :D

You ... Fondled ... Her ... Nacelles!!  :o

... and people ask why guys drool over models?!?!?  :unsure:

Rog :)

I think I missed the part on the wing shape.  Looks ok to me in the pics but I haven't seen the plastic, was there an issue?

I think this is what is being looked at.  here are some photos I took of KA114's wing during construction.

Img_3193_zpseeedef7d.jpg

The wing structure inboard of the engines has a higher profile at the leading edge, this is to fair the radiators, this should help explain.

This is the centre section, note the 'capping' on the fwd section.

Img_3209_zps66d379e3.jpg

Img_3191_zpsfcb3fa80.jpg

Anyway this is just to illustrate I think what was brought up.

If anything, Airfix has more of an issue here in this regard on their 24th kit. I have had to file the top out of the outer wing sections leading edge to fix it. That is why I think the leading edge on the Airfix kit is so blunt outboard of the engines.

Love that 'slide mould' technology, but it makes me wonder how I could detail/ spray the interiors. Very exciting indeed and less joins to clean up, especially the way they broke the fuse up.

Cheers

Anthony

I think I missed the part on the wing shape.  Looks ok to me in the pics but I haven't seen the plastic, was there an issue?

I think this is what is being looked at.  here are some photos I took of KA114's wing during construction.

Img_3193_zpseeedef7d.jpg

The wing structure inboard of the engines has a higher profile at the leading edge, this is to fair the radiators, this should help explain.

Anthony, that illustrates my point exactly. I only had a very brief look at the wing mouldings, but it looked like the top surface of the wing ran straight through the nacelle, rather than the inner area being a bit higher, which is shown perfectly in the view above. I have to say the mouldings were things of beauty to look at, and the way they have sprung the mouldings off over the core part of the mould in ingenious! The model will be spectacular, and I'm saving for several already. 

It was just a little feature that I wasn't sure about, so thanks for confirming what I understood was how the wing structure was designed and made. II obviously don't have the kit parts in front of me now to check, and it won't notice much either way anyway!!

Thanks again for the pics. You are a lucky chap to have been involved in such a terrific project!

Tim

Regarding the photo of the engine / undercarriage. The main legs have the late style undercarriage door fender which is be wrong for a BIV. The photo shows the early style wheels which contained only one brake unit per wheel, plain hub on one side, spokes on other,  correct for the B.IV, PR.IV and NFII. Later Mosquito variants had two brake units per wheel, plain hub on each face of the wheel. Just incase anyone is interested.

That is astonishing tooling , a single piece rear fuselage .. just brilliant ..

I know the FBIV has all the glory and yes I want a chance to build Max Aitkins aircraft , but the Bomber and PR versions are brutal looking machines, As for the first version to be released..  lets face it anyone with even the slightest interest  in the Mosquito will buying multiple  versions of the kit. I know I will be!

Jennings pass on my regards to the team at HK , they've fulfilled their promises and then some ...

Are we looking at the 1st quarter of next year for the initial release?

• 2 weeks later...

Wait 'til you see the USAAF PR. XVI we've got lined up for fündekals!   :)

Wait 'til you see the USAAF PR. XVI we've got lined up for fündekals!   :)

NS739? That would be awesome. :piliot:

Needles to say, as so many of us, this kit is a dream coming true, and I'm eagerly awaiting the PRXVI version. :m0152:

I wrote a book published by Sam Publications back in 2009 it was called Mosquito FBVI Airframe, systems and RAF usage. The two types of UC door fender are both photographed in there. So yes I do have photographs of the two types taken by me at Salisbury Hall.

It states over on Hyperscale they are bringing out a twin stage version hopefully a B.XVI. I'll have one of them. It will save working on the Revell one again. however a reasonable model can be made from the Revell one if you have the info and the time....lots of time! The one I built was featured on here LSP.