Preview: HK Models 1/32 Do 335 Preliminary Photos

LSP_Kevin

Lol 150 euro no way i am going to pay that for this kit

Wow really? From my personal perspective approx 200 USD doest seem too bad at all. Especially considering both the size of the model, and the amount of plastic U get, as well as some smaller 1/32nd kits are selling for more that that.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Considering you'll be able to buy it for considerably less than that, plus the fact that this is a HUGE and HUGELY COMPLEX kit, that's an exceptionally good value in my book.  You're asked to pay upwards of $75 for things like a 1/48 MiG-29 of similar complexity, but much, much smaller size, it's an amazing value.

Well I do understand that it is a good kit but I dont see where the 50 euro needs to go look at the Dragon Bf110 100 euro kit well I think I need to wait till the price drops

I really, truly, honestly do not believe there is any reason (structurally) to use metal gear.  I don't know where this idea that properly formulated injection molded styrene is going to somehow give way.  I've never seen it happen yet.  The Monogram 1/48 WWII four-engined bombers are at least as big as this model, and I know for a fact that there are kits that were built in the 1970s that are still standing on their styrene, kit-provided gear struts.  The struts on this model are huge.  I'd say there's almost no chance they're going to collapse.  The model is big, but it's not especially all that heavy.

Jennings ...

I agree for the most part ... but when adding heavy metal weights to the front of the model in order for it to sit correctly? ... well, I'd just feel more comfortable with the added structural integrity of metal landing gear ... it may very well prove to be unnecessary over time - but for me: better to be safe than sorry!!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

If Hk does not provide a metal landing gear ,no doubt SAC will realize it , simply a recast of the original part  

They have in the past ... for the B-25 and the B-17. Or at least, it is packaged as HKM. Whether this is just a marketing ploy (for additional sales), or not, remains to be seen ...

HK-AM1_zps5c27e002.jpg

HK-AM3_zps2c4562ca.jpg

IMG_0385_zps84459fc8.jpg

My theory is ... that any styrene landing gear supplied in a kit should be designed to hold the weight of the kit. Added weight (such as ballast), however, is a different kettle of fish! I would just feel that the added structural integrity wouldn't go astray.

Edited by Artful69

I managed to snap both main landing gear legs on my Meteor when packing it back in its box after a show. They're repaired now, but a bit ugly, and the Meteor has now had its first and last outing.

Kev

I managed to snap both main landing gear legs on my Meteor when packing it back in its box after a show. They're repaired now, but a bit ugly, and the Meteor has now had its first and last outing.

Kev

:oops:  ... a case for metal landing gear replacement??? ... or just better handling! 

For the time being, we can leave off the topic of metal gear legs as we have no kit to assess the weight needed to balance it.  A metal aftermarket prop would sure help with a kit like this though, getting the weight as far forward as possible, which would mean less weight.

The kit comes with two weights which should do the job just nicely, and the gear struts seem robust enough to cope. I must admit that I've never understood the drive to replace struts with metal ones, unless they add detail or correct some problem.

Scotsman, maybe for those of us, um, jolly, people (mustn't say fat any more, not compliant.) maybe there is a 'Buy Kits Instead of Eating' diet book and DVD to make and sell!! A bit like my 'Bike Performance Upgrade' I am currently doing to the Suzuki, which is essentially me having to loose 42 pounds......

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

I don't think Hannants (or anyone else) will be selling many at that price

Far East for me, and probably once they are on a cheap shipping or other such discount

Twice the price of a Tamiya kit of a Spit or P-51 etc is another way to look at it...

Doh!!!