RF-4B

Today I wrapped up the main wells. I had to call it stops or I'd drive myself nutts trying to get everything right! Theres NO well set out there for this kit and I don't want to go too far with it. The sore spot is the strut conection and it will stay the same so the gear will sit properly. I've detailed the gear out before just to see it yrs later sitting on the wing tank!!... :o I'm happy with it and on to the next area!

0045.jpg

0115.jpg

0094.jpg

Theres still a bit more work to feather the top wing snug against the fuselage then the thinned down wing will be done! This GB has really motivated me and I'm getting more work done than I thought I would. So needless to say I'm having a blast. Plus whats better than having a Phantom in this GB? Having 2 !! :piliot:

0124.jpg

0066.jpg

0134.jpg

Go Phantoms!

Paul

Do all the recce F4's not have the rear sparrow slots? Never knew that one see learn a new phantom thing every day! I want to do a F-4B as well so i'll be surly doing it as per your example as you have been striding along rather impressively fast and with great detail too boot!

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

Not much going on today but doing a once over to clean up the little areas that have detail but may get over looked. One thing about the Cutting Edge F-4B set is the lack of rivet detail and Archer's resin rivets come in handy here! One thing if your putting them on resin prior to painting, is to make sure the resin is clean! Setting solution and resin oils don't like each other!!!.... :fight:  I'll use the same method for the F-4B.

0019.jpg

I believe that WolfPack's F-4EJ set has these vents. I found them in one of the 100s of small boxes with Phantom parts!  :mental: These parts make up for whats on the kit and with a little stock behind them you can feather them into the exhaust part for a smoth tight fit on the cans. I'm not sure if you can get just these 2 parts by them selfs, but will try to find out. Great little piece that adds good detail.

0037.jpg

0046.jpg

0057.jpg

The rear tail cone gets just one little extra detail. The white part is a cover for the hinge and dose not flod with the cone. if you open the cone this should be notched out. Since I've repositioned the rudder it's time to get the fuel dump fitted. Once everything getting a once over with 600 and 800 grit it will be time to marry the wings to the fuselage!

0067.jpg

0077.jpg

0095.jpg

Go Phantoms!

Paul