RF-4B

Not for biting off more than I can chew! But for this build I want a challenge and I hope I can pull it off. I'm hopeing for my fellow Phantom Phreaks to keep me honest and as correct as can be. Cas I might need your help!

List:  Tamiya F-4J ( for correct front gear doors, IR prob and other Navy mods)

Hey Paul,  I am building a RF-4C, so I would be happy to talk shop on the Recce's with you.   I have a GT Hobbies RF-4C Cockpit set I will be showing this weekend with my build and hope to have ready for sale by the end of next week. That may have some parts you can use, although the B is quite different. I do have the flat wing speed brake and bottom wing mod parts if you need those.    I have lots of Navy kit bits and parts if you break something or find you need something you don't have, just ask.  What nose are you using?

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

Must have had a problem with the post! Hope my PC makes it through this build! Anywho heres the rest!! :frantic:

List 2:

To add to the kit!!

Eduard's Photo etch, masks and thier beautiful short nozzels

Rhino Prod Intakes

Aires and Cutting Edge mix on the cockpits ( we'll cross that bridge later!!!!! :mental:

Cutting Edge F-4B conversion set

Black Box RF-4 nose convesion

Master tubes and AOA

CAM Navy/Marine basics!

001.jpg

Paul

Many thanks for the offer Gary. Can't wait to see what you'll be making. I've got a bunch of B stuff! The rear office may take a total rehaul but the front for the RF- B seems closer to the C than the B! I've got a bunch of drawings for the camera bays and nose if you can use them. I'd love to hallow out this resin nose and do the insides, but!!!! Maybe the next one!

Hey Paul, I am building a RF-4C, so I would be happy to talk shop on the Recce's with you. I have a GT Hobbies RF-4C Cockpit set I will be showing this weekend with my build and hope to have ready for sale by the end of next week. That may have some parts you can use, although the B is quite different. I do have the flat wing speed brake and bottom wing mod parts if you need those. I have lots of Navy kit bits and parts if you break something or find you need something you don't have, just ask. What nose are you using?

Gary

Many thanks for the offer Gary. Can't wait to see what you'll be making. I've got a bunch of B stuff! The rear office may take a total rehaul but the front for the RF- B seems closer to the C than the B! I've got a bunch of drawings for the camera bays and nose if you can use them. I'd love to hallow out this resin nose and do the insides, but!!!! Maybe the next one!

Looks like you are well set for parts and accessories.   I appreciate the offer on the camera bay pictures, and I may take you up on that.  I have been researching the Recce for a number of years as it is my favorite Phantom, and eventually plan to offer a hollow nose conversion set that can be added to the F-4E kit fuselage letting the modeler go wild detailing the interior, and offer a rounded nose option as well.   This build is just to soon to try and get something like that done, as  there is a lot of work involved and I won't sell it if it isn't right.  For this one I am using the Revell nose from their kit.  

When you look at the different cameras and configurations, the Israeli's in particular flew, not counting the Peace Jack, there is a lot to offer the modeler in Recce options.   I am using  My build here for the masters for the nose, so it ought to be interesting to say the least.   One thing for sure, with the Black Box nose you are using, your B  will most definitely NOT be a tail sitter!

Gary

I have one and probably will never build! I've been wanting to build another Tamiya convert since I did the Disco Bomber. I'm sure that article is still here.

Paul

I don't see too many reconnaissance Phantoms being built, so this'll be a treat. I had the old Revell RF-4B at one time, but like so many others, the kit is now long gone from my stash.

There's a whole lot of cutting going on!! :mental:

010.jpg

002.jpg

I'll leave the center support inplace till I get the fit down with as little gaps as possible. One of the things I do remember from the "Disco Bomber"! It's allot like jumping out of an airplane. After that first cut your committed! Like that first step! But it's fun.

015.jpg

017.jpg

A bit more tweeking here and there and it should be fine. Boy she's heavy in the front end!!!!! :P

Paul