RF-4B

There's a whole lot of cutting going on!! :mental:

010.jpg

002.jpg

I'll leave the center support inplace till I get the fit down with as little gaps as possible. One of the things I do remember from the "Disco Bomber"! It's allot like jumping out of an airplane. After that first cut your committed! Like that first step! But it's fun.

015.jpg

017.jpg

A bit more tweeking here and there and it should be fine. Boy she's heavy in the front end!!!!! :P

Paul

Great Job Paul!  She's Going to look really nice with her new nose! 

Paul 

You can see my article on the Disco Bomber. I did a review on the conversion and a build.

Paul

Nice project Paul. You know I have the same recon nose, so I'll keep a close eye on this build to see how you do this conversion ;)

Did the F-4's usually have the refuel prob out on the ground, and what kit is the boom from ?........Harv

From what I can find for the date cut off, this RF's picture was taken in Japan 1975. If we're good I'm trying to figure out, first did this bird have the IR capability or not? I guess some did some didn't! So Prob or no prob?

10077892b.jpg

0022.jpg

Paul

it might be my eyes, but that bird looks like it might be one of the few " Thick" winged RF-4Bs

That's a good question and honestly I couldn't be 100% sure. But I believe it's a thin wing. If someone can say for sure it's a thick wing, it'll save me a week of work!!

Paul

Sqd/Sig USMC in combat book shows allot of the fighters park with it extended. I'm going to guess that some RFs did the same.

The prob is from the J kit and the tip is From Hobbydecal.

Did the F-4's usually have the refuel prob out on the ground, and what kit is the boom from ?........Harv

Sqd/Sig USMC in combat book shows allot of the fighters park with it extended. I'm going to guess that some RFs did the same.

The prob is from the J kit and the tip is From Hobbydecal.

Well after a little research and looking at the instructions (DA) I realized that they had the fueling door on the spine.....Harv