RF-4B

Now that I'm comfortable with the fit of the cockpit, it's time to tackle the main fuselage and get all the raised panels sanded down! I removed everything raised till it was smooth! B)  I've marked all the new lines to be scribed. I'll have to wait to get all the resin parts to the RF mod installed before I can get the intakes on, so there will be more scribing to come. Hopefully I can cram painting the cockpit in between prep for Mother's Day get together. :BANGHEAD2:

0104.jpg

0112.jpg

0143.jpg

Paul

Looks Good Paul and you have a good plan going. I'm adding the wiring and plumbing to the wheels wells and struts on my A-4, that's not so fun either, so I feel your pain!  :) 

Keep it up!

Paul

I've found that with this jet, the panels depend on what mod! B/N/E all of them! It drives you crazy sometimes looking at a real good picture of the area your scribing and then turn the page and they're different!!!

Almost glad I was aircrew, I would have lost my mind keeping track of all these panels! Well maybe not!! Might explain some old friends!

I'm sure some of you know that scribing Tamiya takes more pressure than say Trumpeter, just with out all them rivets they love to add!!

Little more progress over the weekend after everyone eat and slept!! After Painting the cockpit and comfortable with the fit ( I'll pick up on the cockpit later) It was time to add a pound or two to the weight of this thing!!

008.jpg

0105.jpg

009.jpg

I'm going to have to check what kind of air pressure for the tires I'm going to need! This will be the heaviest build I've done! :blink:

019.jpg

I wanted to add a bit more stock for support. In the begining this set was going to be open and not solid!

023.jpg

another 10 or so OZ's but the intakes fit nicely.

025.jpg

Against better judgment I know I should have hollowed out the nose but I wouldn't want a Tail sitter!

026.jpg

more to come. :D

Paul

DAAAAAaaaaaayummm   Great job Homie! :punk:  That's going to really look cool!    Heavy or not that is going to be one slick F-4!!! 

I prefer to work when the house is quiet too, I'm a night owl by nature.

Keep up the great work!

Paul 

Thanks Teresa and Paul.

I've tried just about every scribing tool out there and always come back to just a pin! Cut off T pin stuck into a old knife handle and doubles as a glue applicator!!! The hardest part of scribing is making the lines uniform to the rest of the model!

Paul

Today was focused on a couple parts of this kit I always wait till the last and don't spend too much time making sure the fuel tanks are clean! Also the rudder was seperated only to **** it 2-3 degrees!! :mental:

0172.jpg

018.jpg

And since its a early B, the non slatted stabulator. Not too much progress, but I'm getting there!

0192.jpg

Paul