Are we in a Luftwaffe renaissance?

seiran01

It dawned on me today that the Luftwaffe fans probably couldn't be much happier right now - with the new he219's, revell 109, and announced kits for the me410 (HPH in resin), HK's Do-335, and Fly's Ar-234 and Meng's Me-163, both of which will probably offer much greater value than the existing kits from MDC and Hasegawa. All we need is a Horton 229 (and...?) and we've pretty much got the whole set of aircraft that flew in the mid-late war time frame.

Ok so the 229 didn't see combat but nevertheless...

Now, I'm not a huge Luftwaffe addict, but that's an impressive lineup in a relatively short time!

and ... and ... and ...

I agree ... No wet blanket here ... but ...

A Do-17z in 1/32 wouldn't go astray!!

Rog :)

As well as an injected molded Hs 129 and I could really dream and ask for a Fw 190 V1, as well.

I agree that this is great. Not just for the Luftwaffe fans, but for 1/32 lovers, all around. The kits that have come out/are coming out in the last five years and in the near future are more than I thought I would ever see.

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

Would that the same could be said for Soviet VVS aircraft. I mean is an injection-moulded La-7 in 1/32nd scale asking too much? Evidently. Well, at least we have the I-153 now, even if only in resin. Don't get me wrong - Luftwaffe aircraft were my first love and I'm definitely going to be picking up an He-219, and I'd love to see an injection-moulded Hs-129 also (actually, an Hs-126 would be nice too - I'm not holding my breath on this one, though).

Regards,

Jason

Would that the same could be said for Soviet VVS aircraft. I mean is an injection-moulded La-7 in 1/32nd scale asking too much? Evidently. Well, at least we have the I-153 now, even if only in resin. Don't get me wrong - Luftwaffe aircraft were my first love and I'm definitely going to be picking up an He-219, and I'd love to see an injection-moulded Hs-129 also (actually, an Hs-126 would be nice too - I'm not holding my breath on this one, though).

Regards,

Jason

Да, это правда!!!

The most common VVS aircraft have never really been modeled in 1/32 in any meaningful way, like the La-5 or -7. I have the 153 kit....looks great, but resin it is. No Yak-1...No Yak-3....No Yak-9 or LaGG series, either.

Harrumph!

That said, I would love a Do-17 or a 126/129....

Tim W.

It's just the fact that they were way ahead in the design that makes them so wanted.

Yes and no on the design front. The Me-109 was pretty outdated by 1943, and even the Fw-190 hit snags of being behind the pace of technology. I think part of it is the cool camo schemes you can put on German aircraft. OD/Neutral Grey is pretty boring after awhile, but a bunch of different colors mottled on looks pretty cool. And I think part of it is to build models from the major players, and Germany can be seen as the main antagonist. Plus, throw in that Revell is from Germany already, it just makes sense that they would do kits of their country's aircraft.

Matt