Meng Models ME-163B 1/32

Nick32

Domestic, yes... I never buy these domestic as prices are way too ridiculous after the importers/ middlemen have thier way. Lucky and HobbyEasy will have this for a much more reasonable price (Meng T-90 ~$45; F-102 ~$27)

And for those thinking I should support my LHS, they get plennnnnnty 'o my money :)

Long distance shipping prices often result in a final cost comparable to US sellers. I'll wait and see, and hope for the best as always... ;)

D

Long distance shipping prices often result in a final cost comparable to US sellers. I'll wait and see, and hope for the best as always... ;)

D

Well... gotta disagree here. If you pay the "gotta have it now" shipping rate... for sure, but the slower cheaper rate does not add that much to the cost. And if you wait and bundle the shipping with other items or better yet, get a few friends to go in on an order then shipping can be negligable.

Anyway, I'm not here to preach where anyone should put thier money (too late? :)), just my viewpoint.

Back on topic: as someone stated earlier, I would be over the moon if this kit inspires someone (Maybe Meng themselves?) to produce a 1/32 Scheuschlepper. That would make a helluva display... now I'm going to be ridiculous and ask for a C-Stoff/T-Stoff tanker too... :mental:

Marc B.

Edited by modelmkr

Back on topic: as someone stated earlier, I would be over the moon if this kit inspires someone (Maybe Meng themselves?) to produce a 1/32 Scheuschlepper. That would make a helluva display... now I'm going to be ridiculous and ask for a C-Stoff/T-Stoff tanker too... :mental:

Marc B.

It's too bad they don't provide the Scheuschlepper as an integral part of the kit. That would be cool.

-Ro

Well hopefully this new 163B release will encourage one of the major manufacturers to produce a decent Birdcage Corsair

Besides the Tamiya Corsair?

I'm quite excited about this kit, should be nice to build and show off a lot of detail. Hopefully someone will do the Do-335 at some point, even though Dragon already announced one.

Matt :frantic:

It's a pity that we can't just rejoice that there will be another high quality 1/32 kit on the market the first by a top drawer manufacturer, it's been kitted once before, thirty years ago?

Who drives a thirty-plus year old car, cooks on a thirty-plus-year old stove, or maybe just a pot over a fire? Watches tv on a black and white set? Is there something wrong with progress? Personally I'm glad I grew out of nappies, but I guess some are just content sitting in their own poop.

I think I'll be digging out my Mano Zeigler book, read it about thirty years ago.

And maybe it will give Dragon a kick in the rear needed to bring the Do 335 to the market? And what next from Meng, an Bf 109G-6 perhaps..? :please:

I ride a 1974 Laverda 1000cc 3 cylinder motorcycle and it suits me just fine!

Best Regards,

Ken

PCM, Inc.

If anyone is to come across pre-ordering info/link please post asap ?

Unfortunately I have too many of the old Me163 kits ie hasegawa, trump and after market resin & Pe already in the Stack. BUT I couldnt turn down the op to have a kit with so much interanl detail , ie postionable access covers, T-Stoff Fuel Tank, Ammo Cans etc.

Yours MIke

Edited by Mike

I ride a 1974 Laverda 1000cc 3 cylinder motorcycle and it suits me just fine!

Best Regards,

Ken

PCM, Inc.

When driving, I typically alternate between an MGB built in Dec 1966 and a 240Z built in Oct 1972 most of the time - but when I have to go on a long trip I take my 2010 BMW. Likewise I've built one of the old Hasegawa 1/32 kits from the 70's (?) and am working on another, but new tool kits are preferable whenever possible :)

Doug

Edited by DougN

You guys with your new 60's and 70's vehicles...... I used to drive my '56 Mercury to work 3 or 4 times a week until I sold it to pay for my move out of the horror that was Augusta.

Mike,

As far as I know, Trumpeter never did a Comet.....I think the old Hasegawa kit was the only game in town.

Good to see you popping around here and there. Seemed like you dropped off the map for a while.

Chris

Edited by csavaglio

I am with the crowd and applaud. I always do, no matter whether it is my cup of tea or not.

Just yesterday I saw Mend T-90 in the local store and the price was not THAT bad for what you get in the box. Let us see and hope for mercy.

Best to all

Jozef

Great news even though a 163 does not float my boat and I would not buy one, but the fact that another manufacturer is getting into 1/32 scale kits is great news, I hope they sell a load of them and are encouraged enough to build something that does interest me.

Cheers

Den