Birdcage Corsair the Hard Way!

LSP_Kevin

Looks that way, although if you look at the NZ Corsair, the radio mast isn't present, and the white nubbin looks like it's on the fuselage spine rather than offset to one side.

Having said that, it's possible the radios in it were changed.....or something..

Edited by Cap'n Wannabe

OK, here are the interim RFI photos. I say interim because I'm not especially happy with them, as I still haven't mastered the macro abilities of my new camera, and most of the ones I took were blurry, or focussed on the wrong area. This is the best of the bunch. I'll need to gain some control of the camera though, as I want to send this one in to AIR Modeller, and will want better photos and than what I'm showing here.

Anyway, on with the photos!

rQEb1f.jpg

GXNUzD.jpg

f0NPgz.jpg

0S9HS4.jpg

pU5C2C.jpg

4mRysr.jpg

GLobku.jpg

H45Ihf.jpg

bnvAxQ.jpg

WDWXbI.jpg

So there you go, the best of a bad bunch! If I get desperate, I'll revert to the old camera just to get the job done for the magazine.

Thanks to everyone who followed this build through all its highs and lows, and waited patiently during the many long gaps. Thanks especially to those of you who took the time to comment and offer advice, which is always enormously helpful. Also thanks to Carl for the prop blades!

And lastly, thanks to the late Tim Valdez for kicking this whole thing off, for better or worse, and I'm sad that he didn't live to see the project come to fruition. The finished model is dedicated to his memory.

Kev

Kev,

Great job!  Love the look of it!

Gaz

Thanks, Gaz. I like it too, now that the torment is over! Still not happy with the photos, however, and am enlisting some help in getting to grips with my gear. Hopefully I'll be able to post the results of that tutelage in the couple of weeks.

Kev

I wish I had the clapping emoticons available on my I-pad Kev. Well done with your perseverance paying off handsomely!

Now go build something Tamiya, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks, Wolf! Tamiya Corsair, dare I suggest? Actually, I've recently started working on the Aeropoxy resin Yak-3 kit, which is going further in the other direction! But my main focus on the bench will be the long-lost Fw 190S conversion, so look out for a restart on that shortly.

Kev