Hobbycraft Sea Fury Hawker Company demonstrator G-AKRY

airscale

Guest Peterpools

Peter

All that work and sweat has really paid off BIG. The Sea Fury looks tremendous. Seeing how you painted the drop tanks, I wouldn't cut yourself short on painting this beauty.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Wonderful. Just wonderful. I am so looking forward to seeing this in the flesh at Telford. Peter, you could sell tickets.....

Tim

:rofl:

..that made me chuckle - the price of viewing is to swing by my stand and say hello :piliot:

.. it will be worth it - I have a real Battle of Britain Hurricane instrument panel on display too (from V7350) - in amazing shape considering the pilot baled out after combat with 109's..

..not much going on while I wait to paint after Telford - I have had to find ways of attaching everything, but not actually attaching it so I can get it off after the show - this is the first time I have ever shown any model to anyone but family so feeling a little nervous...

..I attached the wing tanks with pins and this sort of rubberised tubing - they don't fit too well now, but will once fettled for their final fit..

..a quick & last walkaround - next time you see this it will be in Hawker High Speed Silver (hopefully!)...

WIP966_zpseee29891.jpg

WIP969_zps16d4bfec.jpg

WIP970_zpsfb17fa9a.jpg

WIP968_zpsb8d90adc.jpg

WIP967_zpscbb4c628.jpg

..been tinkering with my next build to keep me occupied for the next few weeks until I get the airbrush out - will start a WIP maybe...

TTFN

Peter

absolutely stunning.  no need to be nervous about showing that one.  i dont believe anyone will have any negative remarks.  you may wish to provide napkins though.  the drool may cause damage to the floor.

joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...