Hobbycraft Sea Fury Hawker Company demonstrator G-AKRY

airscale

I get the creasing problem all the time. I only know that it's usually caused by frame movement and thicker material. I also don't think our homemade machines have enough "suck" power! Micromark sells PETG under the trade name Vivak. Comes in.020 and .030". .030 is perfect for 1/32 scale.

I just finished reading this entire thread.

Three full hours reading this thread :popcorn:!

What an awesome build :bow: ! I took so many notes I could get it published as a book!

Do you use a jewelers' magnifying visor while doing minute detail work?

I will definitely enjoy following the rest of the build now that I've caught up :D !

Awesome build! I'm stunned.

I just missed you over on Hyperscale, so I've hunted you down here lol - Can you walk me through how you made the new ailerons? I have to make a new set for my MDC Typhoon - the examples I have are utterly unusable and I'm struggling to come up with a way to make new ones. I really appreciate it thanks.
Edit; nevermind, your writeup here was much more thorough. 

Edited by Scrodes

why thank you chaps - very kind and your comments keep me hard at it :)

so, todays little update is the 'legs edition'...

..I ordered some u/c legs from Paul @ Fisher and now they are here I set about them. They are cast brass and of excellent quality - they must be pushing the boundary of what is possible in that medium and I am seriously impressed.

..tht said, I always want to fiddle, so I ground off some of the nuts & bolts and replaced them and added features that I found in my references...

..here is a leg I started to prep with one cut straight from the casting tree..

WIP864_zpsd35dfc0c.jpg

..started replacing some nuts etc...

WIP865_zps7dfb5dab.jpg

..made up some of the fixtures & fittings - some of these parts are seriously tiny and yes, I do question my sanity..

WIP867_zpse9e688d1.jpg

..more miniscule modelling (is this what 1/700 ship modelling is like?) - these are pulley wheels that I think are part of the door retraction mechanism...

WIP868_zps28fb1ae9.jpg

..and the pair are getting there - there are numerous additions but because it is brass on brass I doubt you can see them...

WIP869_zps341fdba5.jpg

WIP870_zps0f1f59b7.jpg

WIP871_zps5cafb810.jpg

..and checking it all fits with the scratched doors...

WIP872_zps825af921.jpg

..and with the wheel on - this is the master pattern wheel I spent a fortnight making way back when - now I think I will use the Fisher ones as they have the block tread pattern I couldn't do 'freehand' - oh well, I learnt some new skills so not a total waste of time.....

WIP873_zps1ce68815.jpg

..that's it for now..

TTFN

Peter