Most Wanted Poll / Wish List 2022 (and beyond)

LSP Dan

All in 1/32:

Blohm und Voss BV 222

Blohm und Voss BV 238

Blohm und Voss BV 138

Dornier Do 24T

Dornier Do 26

Martin Mars

Martin Mariner

Consolidated Coronado

Consolidated B-32

Boeing B-29

Junkers Ju 290/390

If we're going to dream, might as well go big.

If anyone wants to go big I was going through my pile of plans and found a 1/24 scale B-36 plan.

Anyone want to go really big? :wicked:

Stephen

Honestly the three l wish to see in 1/32 is a Me 410, Val, and a Kate. Russian one for sure but not at the moment

OK, here we go again...

Kate

Val

...Obviously many of these I have listed will never be produced in 1/32 scale either as an IM or Resin kit. But a vacuum formed model is OK by me.

Stephen

Silver Wings are doing a resin Val and Kate. 

Here's mine

F-101

F-111

F-106

Viggen

Draken

Mirage F1

Bang on the money Eli.

Tan Model will give us an F-111 in a few years, and maybe Kittyhawk a Mirage F.1, after the SEPECAT Jaguar.

Hopefully someone will see sense and do a Draken series, Voodoo and Six eventually

I have to add Beaufighter VI.f, Buccaneer S.2, Su-15 Flagon and I'd love something different like a Chinese J.10B

Tony

Guest Uncle Fester

It's just wrong that ever since I was a kid, nobody has kitted the F-101 or F-106 in 1/32.  We've had the F-4 from a few makers now, the -104, -105, -100, but no -101, -102 or -106.  Or -111 for that matter. 

This is wrong and I am writing my congressman to submit a bill to make it a crime and punishable by 50 lashes with a piece of cut sprue. 

The age of the Century Series jets may be gone....but gee felgercarbin hosticle fifer....how much longer do we have to wait?  :blowup:

I built the Revell F-104 in the 1960's, I think it was.  I got the Revell F-4 one year for Christmas in the 70's....I have the Trumpeter F-100 and F-105 in my stash.  A 1/32 Voodoo or Dart, or even a Dagger is a must!!!

OK, so maybe they won't fly off the shelves...and maybe kids today would rather sit and play Halo 32 or whatever.  But you know what?  I---DON'T---CARE. 

I want a large -106.  I want it now and I want it well-done and I want it priced well. 

Rant over.  We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. 

While there  are a whole sack of things I'd like to see in our favorite scales, the ones I'd actually put money on and build anytime soon would be -

(good) Griffon Spitfire, preferably in 1/24 (hey, Airfix!).

A BD-5 in any large scale, even in 1/16 would still be a tiny spud of a thing.

P-40 any version given the Airfix 1/24 treatment

While I would like to see any number of other subjects come out, I've got such a backlog of projects (like 6 Ju88s that I will do things to) and now, recent releases that I never thought I'd see (Do335B and OV-10 currently on my desk) I can't realistically consider much of anything else I'd actually buy. Those I would, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, would be nice for the EA-6B but, I think the A6 series has stalled in sales.

The latest A6 is currently on constant special offer at Hannants with £50.00 off and it's still there on the shelves!

Whether they'll consider doing the four seater based on current sales remains to be hopeful I think, based on the reality of the market atm. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK.  I've been lurking in the background here for a couple of years, so it;s about time I posted, and this seems like a good place to start.  I've been building models since the Beatles first hit, and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.  Lately, I've become long sighted, so it's 1/32 and 1/24 for me, and it has to be said that the variety of larger scale kits has been getting better over the last decade or so.  But there's still some gaps in my wishlist.  I build almost exclusively WW2 fighters, but I also like the early jets.  I also don't build much outside of injection moulded kits as my modelling time is limited.  I'm presently working on the HKM Meteor together with the Profimodeller engine for the left nacelle, and I have troubles with some resin stuff, including this kit, so my wishlist is for injection moulded kits only.  And in this scale, I think engines should be visible/removable cowlings, as well as detailed cockpits.  So here goes.

Macchi C202 or 205

Dewoitine D520

Lavatchkin LaGG 3, or 3 or 7

Italian, french and Russian planes are very much under represented in this scale, so it would be great to see good offerings of these.  Hint, hint,  pretty please Mr Tamiya????

Hawker Tempest (Yes, I know there's one coming, but it's been coming for a while.  I hope the aftermarket does an engine for these)

Bristol Beaufighter (something better than the old Revell kit)

Lockheed P-38 Lightening (preferably by Tamiya and preferably an early one)

NA P-51B or C with Malcolm hood (hopefully, the one mentioned elsewhere in this forum will come to fruition)

DeHavilland Vampire (my Meteor will look lonely on the shelf when finished)

Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star

NA F-86 Sabre (again, an early one.)

Republic F-84

That should do for now, and they're all well known planes so you'd think they're do-able as injection moulded kits.  But I'm sure I'll think of more right after I've hit the "Post" button!!

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...