Airfix Bristol Bulldog - Right Aircraft, Wrong Scale

I feel very much the same way about ICM's new 1/48 B-26 Marauder.  ICM has said they won't be upscaling it and such small scales don't fit in with my build plans.  Or my eyesight.

What chance Airfix will do a 1/24 Bulldog?  Somewhere around none whatsoever I imagine.

Cheers,

Michael

On 5/14/2024 at 3:35 PM, Phantom2 said:

I guess the Bulldog is on the ICM "must do list", it fits like a glove in their line-up!

Also the Chipmunk, Miles Magister, Cherokee, Cessna 150/172 and Avro 504K would fit quite good!

One can dream, eh?

Stefan :beer:

Well said Stefan. There have been over 44,000 Cessna 172s built. That is far more than the Bf-109.  Unlike Messerschmitt's finest, the 172 is the aircraft that people on this forum are most likely to have flown and yet there has never been a kit of it in injection molded plastic in 1/32. Another example of "If it doesn't have guns on it - it won't sell'. Pffff.

Kind regards,

Paul

4 minutes ago, mozart said:

…..and worth every penny (other currencies are available). 

…and I am actually OK with it in resin. I am becoming a convert to the medium because it offers a higher level of detail. Thanks to your prompt Max I decided to buy the Silverwings Bulldog. :D

But ICM: please do a Cessna 172 in 1/32 :coolio:

Kind regards,

Paul

On 5/14/2024 at 10:35 PM, Phantom2 said:

I guess the Bulldog is on the ICM "must do list", it fits like a glove in their line-up!

Also the Chipmunk, Miles Magister, Cherokee, Cessna 150/172 and Avro 504K would fit quite good!

One can dream, eh?

Stefan :beer:

Maybe you haven't seen it before, but there's an injection moulded kit of the Miles Magister from MikroMir ;)