Numberg Show

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#31 LSP_Paul

LSP_Paul

• LSP Moderator
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:37 AM

I hope there is a policy about criticizing other's critiques about a kit that is similarly enforced. I'm not talking about manufacturer bashing, but people bashing, which is what sometimes these threads devolve into.

Glad you brought that up Dave, just a refresher from LSP's RULES of the ROAD

http://forum.largesc...282#entry819127

OFFENSIVE POSTS/THREADS

Posts or threads that are offensive include those that are meant to be insulting, threatening, or those which are obviously 'trolls'. These will be deleted by the LSP Staff at our discretion. Examples are: outright personal attacks, flame wars, posts that are 'intended' to incite or upset others, politics, religion and other topics considered not in the interests of our membership by the staff.

Whilst we all enjoy the LSP forums being polite and peaceful we do relish debates on a range of hot topics. We are committed to ensuring all members that are behaving reasonably and politely are able to offer their opinion. We are only ever likely to intervene when replies in those hot debates are no longer intelligent or well thought out and begin to attack an individual or company.

LSP is not the place for the denigration of model kits or the people/companies who made them. We have no issues with members offering a critique of any model kit or product. If members make the effort to ensure their criticism is dispassionate and factual it is far less likely to create complaints. Criticism is a good thing but works best on LSP when it is intended to be constructive and helpful.  We are committed to growing a modeling community enthused and inspired by creative solutions.

If you simply want to complain or you feel you have a duty to warn others then LSP isn't the place. There are lots of websites where you can post whatever or however you like.  Please be our guest and do it on those sites but not on LSP.

Paul

• kalashnikov-47, Martinnfb, harvey and 3 others like this

#32 Airfixer

Airfixer

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:30 AM

<deepbreath>

Ommmmm....

</deepbreath>

Darren is right. We cannot conclusively say whether the kit on display at Nuremberg is final. Which stage of the kit's development is it factually representing? In view of Trumpeter's projected release schedule, it's extremely unlikely that displaying the model at the Nuremberg show was also intended to retrieve constructive feedback from the community in order to have it implemented into the final kit. Admittedly, and speaking of aircraft kits, such a procedure would be sort of atypical for Trumpeter. Quite interestingly, when it comes to AFV modelling, they're taking a completely different approach.

On the other hand, I can perfectly understand some fellow modellers` frustration. Sheer frustration. Particularly in the light of Trumpeter's inconsistent "track record"...RA-5, A-7, MiG-19, MiG-23, F-100 et al. But in the end, it's the same old story: It's not about what you say, but how you say it. And the way that "sentiment of discomfort" was brought forward in this thread was neither constructive nor helpful. Even if they've screwed up just another forward fuselage, as annoying as it may be, stick to the facts, address them in an appropriate way, and, most ideally, use your expertise to figure out potential fixes for yourself and fellow modellers.

Awareness of potential issues has been raised, which is great. However, without the final kit being released, pretty much any attempt to tweak it up front will be moot.

Edited by Airfixer, 03 February 2017 - 03:45 AM.

• LSP_Paul, Martinnfb, harvey and 2 others like this

pYxRhCD.jpg

#33 scvrobeson

scvrobeson

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

Can someone explain the difference between the 9-12, the 9-13, and the 9-19 Fulcrums?  Are they all Mig-29As, or are they different names?

Matt  :frantic:

• Lothar, harvey and mpk like this

#34 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:00 AM

Well, I like Russian jets. I like the MiG-29. Will it be right? No. It turns out a Russian jets seem to be a tough nut to crack for kit makers.
From what I heard, we FINALLY got a decent MiG-25,.... In 1/48 scale. :(

VVS stuff turns me on. I like it. I build it. I might build this I might not.
If the louver arrangement is off so that it bugs me, I'll fix it. It looks like an easy fix, if so, besides, they gotta be closed anyway.
If nothing else, It'll keep Chris busy.
  • Martinnfb, harvey, Out2gtcha and 2 others like this

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#35 The Dude

The Dude

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:17 AM

I'll wait to see one in person before passing final judgement. I do think if Great Wall scaled up their 1/48 Mig-29 to 1/32 it would be a runaway hit as I believe the GW Mig-29 is by far the best fulcrum kit in any scale out there. 

• Martinnfb, dsahling1, mpk and 1 other like this
"Finished on the shelf is better than perfect in the box..."

#36 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:30 AM

The issues befalling 1/32 jets makes one want to scale down to 1/48 for jets... There are some superb renderings in that scale
  • Martinnfb, LSP_Typhoonattack and mpk like this

#37 Airfixer

Airfixer

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:40 AM

Can someone explain the difference between the 9-12, the 9-13, and the 9-19 Fulcrums?  Are they all Mig-29As, or are they different names?

In a nutshell/quick and dirty...

Do you spot the different fuselage spines? Apart from the visible external differences, different radars, improved avionics, improved engines and electronic warfare systems, etc.

Roughly translated into "Viperish", a 9-12 would be an F-16A, the 9-13 an F-16C Block 25 and the 9-19 would be the latest F-16C Block 52 Plus model. :mental:

oJW3kw7.jpg

Edited by Airfixer, 03 February 2017 - 04:46 AM.

• Lee White, Padraic Conway, LSP_Paul and 7 others like this

pYxRhCD.jpg

#38 LSP_Paul

LSP_Paul

• LSP Moderator
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:12 AM

The issues befalling 1/32 jets makes one want to scale down to 1/48 for jets... There are some superb renderings in that scale

9/10th's of the public wouldn't know there were issues with ANY of our models jets or not in large or small scale.. we are the minority... I dont agree at all about the 1/32 jets having any more issues than the props..from any manufacturer, they are models..

Some manufacturers are better at representing detail and dimensions than others. Some can't seem to do basic research but even our BEST kits from the Best manufacturers have errors of some sort due to the limitations of the modeling material. For example if you scaled up the thickness of the areas that represent fabric on your WWI airplanes.. it would be what..3-4 inch thick linen?

Regarding 1/48,

If you wanted to be a purist about it, things like landing gear, landing gear doors canopies etc. are way over scale in 1/48 and because they are smaller the eye does not necessarily pick up on it as quickly as something comparatively large like a 1/32 F-4.

It's all subjective, blanket statements about "issues befalling large scale jets" is no more valid than issues with any model of any subject. 

Yes a lot of LSP members enjoy adding a bazillion dollars to every kit they buy in order to chase accuracy.. and that's awesome that we can.. But if you look at a well built Strike Eagle, Phantom, Skyhawk, F-18, F-16 built out of the box in 1/32 you'll see they dont need much to be "superb" models.

Paul 

• Padraic Conway, Lothar, Martinnfb and 3 others like this

#39 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:15 AM

Yes.
One of my unspoken points being the distinct space problem that will crop up if you crank out 1/32 scale modern jets with any form of regularity this side of Harvey's pace.
  • Martinnfb, Vandy 1 VX 4 and mpk like this

#40 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 25,287 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

Yes.
One of my unspoken points being the distinct space problem that will crop up if you crank out 1/32 scale modern jets with any form of regularity this side of Harvey's pace.

I think when Harv finishes one model, the previously finished model is already decomposed enough to be discarded, clearing the way for the newest model.

• alaninaustria, Padraic Conway, Martinnfb and 3 others like this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

#41 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:23 AM

I think when Harv finishes one model, the previously finished model is already decomposed enough to be discarded, clearing the way for the newest model.

Ok, that's funny.  Sorry Harv.

• Martinnfb, Clunkmeister, Vandy 1 VX 4 and 1 other like this

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

#42 ClumsyDude

ClumsyDude

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:25 AM

Don't knock building at Harv's pace.  I do it and I can thoroughly recommend it.  My display requirements are almost zero. :P

Jim

• TwoHands, Martinnfb, LSP_Typhoonattack and 2 others like this

#43 LSP_Paul

LSP_Paul

• LSP Moderator
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:27 AM

Yes.

Yes and Gothas and Flying boats dont take up any room.. :)

Paul

• Martinnfb, Clunkmeister, Vandy 1 VX 4 and 1 other like this

#44 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 25,287 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:30 AM

Don't knock building at Harv's pace.  I do it and I can thoroughly recommend it.  My display requirements are almost zero. :P

Jim

That's a good point. They take up so much less space when they're all stacked up in the new boxes they arrived in.

• Martinnfb, ClumsyDude and mpk like this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

#45 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,053 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:30 AM

Funny this: I was talking to Harv the other night, and I made point to him that it's a good thing for him they don't make models out of environmentally friendly plastic..... :)
  • Martinnfb, ClumsyDude and mpk like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users