Fw190- A-8 JG300

David Mooney

This is my 1/32 Hasegawa Fw-190 A-8, turned out ok but...................there is a big error in my paint job and it was to late to correct it! I wont say what it is as hopefully no one will spot it

Not much to add about the kit that hasn't already ready been said, it went together well and I had very minimal fit issues. My kit decals didn't look in good shape so I had a look round and settled on EagleCals #79 'Black 12' caught my eye because of the red and yellow snake design. This A-8 was originally flown by JGr.10 which was a small weapons testing unit. The Red/Yellow snake design was carried by the co-called Schlangenschwarm part of this unit. In Spring 1945 they was disbanded and directed to over their aircraft to other units. This aircraft came to 8./JG300 and is still carried the snake design although it was partially fogged over

Well he we go, hope you like it and first to spot the mistake wins..................................a :fight: but I will post the issue at the end of the post if you didn't spot it

IMG_0202_zpsawsuvoiw.jpg

IMG_0207_zpsn5xh0ffj.jpg

IMG_0208_zpsqxqnemjd.jpg

IMG_0215_zps8b7dpm7a.jpg

IMG_0216_zpsjmxegnsn.jpg

IMG_0173_zpsg3gtwzhr.jpg

IMG_0179_zpsc0vyligv.jpg

IMG_0186_zpssg8t6lbt.jpg

Edited by David Mooney

allright i real nice wurger here...i like it alot, paint work and weathering...high numbers from me in this one.....

As i noticed that you pointed ou that "reichband" is to big.....yes misstakes do happen yep done them myself.yep beleive me..but hey there is a new model around the corner to fix that, also new things to learn as i do all the time, important is to finnish them as well, and you shown that with it all this that you show us to admire....

got a small book from a friend that know i love theese FW190 that reall knew that im in for them as well gave me this book, i do recomend this one...yoy can find it cheap on ebay i think..

IMG_05961_zpsgjahtmke.jpg

sorry for the out of focus...ive tooked it quicky

IMG_05971_zpszmhtcrxo.jpg

/Mal

Very nice work David! May I publish it on the website?

Kev

Of course Kevin, fell free to publish away! :-)

Very nicely done! May I ask what products you used on your base?

Rod

Hell Rod, well is a diorama I am working on at the moment and still haven't finished it yet. Its got to the point where I have "hit the wall", so doing a few bits while i build my enthusiasm to continue with it. The "grass" is teddy bear fur cut and sprayed to look like grass, the trees are made from a copper cable twisted into a trees shape and cover in poly filler and painted. I can add a few more pictures if you wish and if i can be of help please let me know

allright i real nice wurger here...i like it alot, paint work and weathering...high numbers from me in this one.....

As i noticed that you pointed ou that "reichband" is to big.....yes misstakes do happen yep done them myself.yep beleive me..but hey there is a new model around the corner to fix that, also new things to learn as i do all the time, important is to finnish them as well, and you shown that with it all this that you show us to admire....

got a small book from a friend that know i love theese FW190 that reall knew that im in for them as well gave me this book, i do recomend this one...yoy can find it cheap on ebay i think..

IMG_05961_zpsgjahtmke.jpg

sorry for the out of focus...ive tooked it quicky

IMG_05971_zpszmhtcrxo.jpg

/Mal

Many thanks for your kind words Mel, coming from someone's work i admire its great to hear some praise of my work