Any Interest in a Resin 1/32 Polikarpov PO-2?

LSP_Kevin

Hi folks,

I've been asked by a company that wishes to remain anonymous to quiz the membership on the level of interest in a possible 1/32 Polikarpov PO-2 in resin. Not a formal poll as such, so just raise your hands if you'd buy one.

Kev

Kev,

Maybe if you would have mentioned that this is the Russian biplane that the "Night Witches" used to attack German troops in night glide bombing harassment attacks it would show how significant this aircraft was as well as possibly being the most produced 40,000 biplane ever made remaining in production untill 1978!!!

Surely all will remember hearing about the all female night attack squadron called the Night Witches?

"Night Witches" is the English translation of Nachthexen, a World War II German nickname, for the female military aviators of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, known later as the 46th "Taman" Guards ... Wikipedia

Jon

Edited by fastzx

I think we all might prefer the "main"? Soviet fighters and light bombers as opposed to this Iconic aircraft.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/remember-the-titans-world-war-ii-1200795005/

We have waited years for Soviet aircraft in 1/32 scale and so far the only injection molded kits have been the Mig3 and Sturmovik & I16.

Soviet Markings for typical lend lease aircraft P39, P40, B25 etc.

A more financially viable option would be the missing La5, Yak, Pe2 although you may have some crossover from WNW builders for a biplane.

I know I limit (try to) my modeling to 1939-1945 fighters and bombers so technically this fits into that period AND is an historically significant although not well known outside the Soviet Bloc.

It seems to be more in line with the Fairey flycatcher which I have been succesfully able to resist. So....although an interesting story just not a sleek fighter or bomber in fact it is just the opposite.

Jon

Guest Dekenba

Absolutely yes, I'd certainly buy one.

Soviet warplanes are generally under-represented and a 1/32 Po-2 fills quite a large gap. It's a very significant plane & so many were built that the choice & variety of finishes would be enormous.

If we're talking Russian airplanes, I'd love a 1/32 Polikarpov I-15 and -152 much more than a Po-2. Spain, Finland, etc... 

Even with the history of the Po-2, the I-15 could fit on more shelves of those who build a bit smaller than we do here. On the other hand, Silver Wings may surprise us one day, as they have done many of the 30's fighters.

Tnarg