F-15E --- 1/32 --- in PARKED mode

F`s are my favs

MARU, yes, definitely, i plan to make a vid perhaps the next weekend...

Thank you all so much for the kind words! 

Check out some pics i took this morning with a couple of sunrise glows and shades. On these pics, it is roughly 50% distinguishable (compared to real life view) how the entire appearance of the model shifts due to the natural sunlight reflected by the metal shine underneath the paint. Let`s say, it`s taxiing, intake ramps down and one of hte engines needs more air than the other, and with a couple of drop tanks and AIMRAAMs:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you all, very much! 

Tim, the tan suits are painted with a kind of yellow-ish Revell`s enamel paint... in a combination with white. That yellow paint however ended quite some time ago and i can`t remember its number. But in all cases, it was matte, and was mixed with white. Then all this is filtered several times with acrylic matte Black (Revell`s). Yet i covered ("reupholstered" :) ) the entire figures with paper tape, so the texture comes from the paper tape, which absorbed the yellow paint. Then i filtered them upon drying with flat black to make them even more "anti-reflecting".

All the green parts of the equipment were painted with some of, or a combo of these 2 Revell enamels:

photo.jpg

and with no white flavor. The paper tape absorbs the paints very nicely when touched with the tip of a brush. And i left them slightly glossier (no black filter with the airbrush). With these parts again, the key was in the texture of the paper tape, which in this scale, according to me, very nicely mimics a synthetic textile texture.

Well, these were some of the smallest and most delicate parts in the model. Perhaps only the pilots' helmets featured such small parts. A lot of repeating was needed. For example for one pylon on one wing are needed 4 clips. Each clip is made out of a tiny rod sandwiched in a bended piece of PE, so 4 rods in total and 4 let's say "sides". The rods are stretched plastic , very very thin, then sliced into 4 very very small pieces. The sizes were less than 1mm. Whilst for the PE parts - I cut 4 rectangular pieces, equal, with a size of about 3mm x 1mm. Hold them with the tip of the tweezers, at the same time, and rounded all their edges. Then I just bent them at two spots each, to form something like the sides of a roller, then the plastic rod is inserted between the tips of the sides. And that's basically it. If you do most of the things at the same time, there is a greater chance to end up with equal shapes, which is good. Indeed, the clips on one of the pylon are slightly bigger than on the other side, but the pylons are located quite away from each other and it's difficult to notice the difference in so tiny tiny details. And btw these clips were very very tricky for gluing and gluing them at the same angle/orientation.