A shout out for Proper Plane

Hi Guys, A while ago I ordered a wooden propeller and 3D seat for my CSM Caudron G3.  They arrived in good time ( considering they had to be made to order and then add on Ukraine's situation) over here to the U.S.  Shipping was around two weeks. Not bad as Hannants takes 8-10 days with no war zone issues, which is all down to the Post Office, NOT Hannants. 

What can I say. Proper Plane has done an AWESOME job with this.  The propeller is very well made. An ultra smooth finnish, a nice satin varnish, the blades are even, equal, no variation between them. The wood grain is tiny, not overscale. 

I have bought other props from them before, ( Gotha G4, AEG G4) Oh, yes, on the AEG set ( two props) The set I ordered represents the well known photo with the whales mouth decor. This plane has two different props fitted. Proper Plane represents this perfectly. Two accurately different props. Just look at the photos, then look at the props. 'Nuff said.  

If you need a propeller for your WW1 masterpiece, just do it.  

On the seat, same accolades. Way better than CSM's kit seat. (and that is good!) 

The reason to upgrade an already good kit seat is that the rear seat that this represents is very open to view and is wicker built. The Proper Plane version represents the wicker construction much better/finer than the kit seat, is thinner in the walls, and much better defined. 

No, this is not an advert. Just a happy customer letting you all know about a good supplier. 

Regards, Pete in RI

I too have purchased these works of art. Wonderful service and product. Worth the price. I try to support all  the artisans, manufacturers and hobby shops from the Ukraine. Under war conditions they are performing miracles.  Glory to Ukraine........and its modeling community.

Jager

Living on Tulsa Time

17 hours ago, europapete said:

Hi Guys, A while ago I ordered a wooden propeller and 3D seat for my CSM Caudron G3.  They arrived in good time ( considering they had to be made to order and then add on Ukraine's situation) over here to the U.S.  Shipping was around two weeks. Not bad as Hannants takes 8-10 days with no war zone issues, which is all down to the Post Office, NOT Hannants. 

What can I say. Proper Plane has done an AWESOME job with this.  The propeller is very well made. An ultra smooth finnish, a nice satin varnish, the blades are even, equal, no variation between them. The wood grain is tiny, not overscale. 

I have bought other props from them before, ( Gotha G4, AEG G4) Oh, yes, on the AEG set ( two props) The set I ordered represents the well known photo with the whales mouth decor. This plane has two different props fitted. Proper Plane represents this perfectly. Two accurately different props. Just look at the photos, then look at the props. 'Nuff said.  

If you need a propeller for your WW1 masterpiece, just do it.  

On the seat, same accolades. Way better than CSM's kit seat. (and that is good!) 

The reason to upgrade an already good kit seat is that the rear seat that this represents is very open to view and is wicker built. The Proper Plane version represents the wicker construction much better/finer than the kit seat, is thinner in the walls, and much better defined. 

No, this is not an advert. Just a happy customer letting you all know about a good supplier. 

Regards, Pete in RI

Spot on Pete. Proper Plane make very fine additions for our models indeed.

Kind regards,

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First time hearing of this company, but given my experience with other Ukrainian modelling artisans - the feedback above comes at no surprise at all. The amount of attention, care, and love that their modelling companies put into their products is truly impressive. Looking at their website, the props are a work of art. I have little interest in WW1/2 aircraft but just seeing the quality of the pieces makes me want to buy one! Bravo, keep up the good work Proper Plane team.