Trumpeter's BF-109, your opinions please?

Hi guys, what do you think about the Trumpeter's 109? The lines of the aircraft are well represented? Major cons in your opinion?

I bought some of their kits but sold them  since there was always something wrong... The same here? P-40N it's a good kit to buy? And witch are the best (WW II) regarding accuracy they sell.

Thank you in advance, another guy bodering you with the same old questions

Edited by Vitor Costa

You need to check carefully your references. Many detail are wrong for the versions written on the boxes. But nothing a modeler can’t handle. Trumpeter kits generally receive in my opinion worse press than they actually deserve. 
but I‘ve seen an early model (E-3?) which had something really oddly looking on the windscreen. So you should carefully read the reviews online, even if they’re more critical than it would be necessary.

Hi

I also have wondered what's not so accurate with the Trumpeter 109 G especially kits?

I'm aware of the nose shape of the G10 and K4, could be better, same with the G6. The kit lacks finesse and some details and ejector pin marks in cockpit area etc, but general dimensions I think is pretty good.

I also think they get some unfair critique, maybe some could get some more in detail what is wrong that has a major impact of the apperance than just state it's "not accurate"  etc  :-)

Cheers Gunnar

Here‘s a two-part comparison between eduard‘s E-1 and Trumpeter’s E-3, sadly only in German. But the pictures might come in handy:
http://originalundmodell.de/bauberichte/bb_bf-109e_1.htm

You can see a weird front windshield on the Trumpeter’s E-3. The angle just isn’t right. 

I have a Trumpeter g-2 kit and the clear parts including windshield look just fine.

Edited by Borsos
Typo

53 minutes ago, Gunnar J said:

Hi

I also have wondered what's not so accurate with the Trumpeter 109 G especially kits?

I'm aware of the nose shape of the G10 and K4, could be better, same with the G6. The kit lacks finesse and some details and ejector pin marks in cockpit area etc, but general dimensions I think is pretty good.

I also think they get some unfair critique, maybe some could get some more in detail what is wrong that has a major impact of the apperance than just state it's "not accurate"  etc  :-)

Cheers Gunnar

Hi. Please have a look here:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=2771

I think I forgot the too round lower nose issue in that review 

G-K generation.  The Engine thrust line is higher than it should be , that places the exhaust to strange nose-happy position which is markable when you follow the leading edge. The whole power egg is pushed up, which makes the front windshield narrower  with a prominent high curve at the bottom and throws off the basic canopy shape as well. This flaw follows every scale 48,32 and 24.

Edited by Martinnfb

Brett Green made review back in the day and placed the plastic on paper so to say. Please note the position of the exhaust slot in relation to the drawing. Naturally you can't clearly see the upper line since the cowling is off, but the red scribe is a gentle reminder how nose happy is this kit.

The picture is even taken under an angle that "remedies" this issue, but if you look closely it's there.

bf109g624reviewbg_plans1.jpg

One way to fix it is to shim the power egg to slightly better angle. But, it won't help with the raised position of the exhaust stacks or the canopy. 

I would say, go with Hasegawa, Revell or Z.M., first two options are reasonably affordable and relatively painless.

Please note the exaggerated lower curve on the bottom edge of the windshield.

bf109g624reviewbg_canopy.jpg

image.png.88ce243ad4a90f33ddbf94b457b028

Edited by Martinnfb

I recently built the Trumpy 109G-10. Parts are well engineered and crisp. I liked the kit from the cockpit firewall aft. From the firewall forward to me there is way too much that can go wrong. The propellor shaft is in the engine which is connected to the machine guns. When I test fitted the fuselage and the propeller spinner is was about 2mm down and to the right. I had to remove the propeller shaft and use brass rod re drilled into the engine. Then it fit correctly. This could be due to my skills or the fidgety parts. I’m a big believer in the Hasegawa 109’s . I never display an engine so Hasegawa fits me perfectly.

Regards,

Jim

Thanks for your input guys :-)

I h,ave designed new noses that seams to fit Trumpeter kits also, though the side fairings on the G10 and K4 needs to be "wider" at the firewall section, but that can be fixed with some work. 

But overall dimensions except the nose is acceptable I think, though as I mentioned it lacks finer details etc in areas..but one should also consider the price. :-)

Regards/ Gunnar