Macchi Fighters book.....Oh, my!

Not really sure where to put this as I've never reviewed a product before but the new book from Crecy on the Macchi 200, 202 and 205 fighters arrived yesterday and simply blew me out of my socks.I was deeply into building Italian aircraft in 1/72 scale back in the 70's and 80's when I could see that well and lately my interest in trying again in a larger scale has been growing so I went ahead and bought this book. We had nothing even remotely this good to go from and the Italian publications of the day suffered from poor photo reproduction and paper.

I was pleasantly surprised at the depth of detailed information, drawings and best of all clear period photos that really show the design and construction of these beautiful 'planes .One thing I note in particular is that none of the paint applications are the same from 'plane to 'plane, even in the same scheme the motions of the human arm and hand are visible in the random application of the markings.A feast for the smoke ring aficionado.I am already searching for a better airbrush!

Since losing a fifty year accumulation of books  a few years ago I have been extremely picky about what I have replaced.This is certainly a book worth the modest price and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to know more about these gorgeous aircraft.

Best, 

Paul

37 minutes ago, Iain said:

Sounds like I'll have to get a copy...

Thanks for the insight Paul!  :D

Iain

£30.45 on Amazon UK, RRP £40, just ordered a copy, thanks Paul!

Hmmm... the listing for that book says it is to be offered by Classic Publications and will be released May 24th.

What, do they have to translate it from English english to American english?

I'm not much into documentation and books of this nature, but just having acquired the  Murizio Terlizzi MC 202/205 Upgrade Set, it actually starts to have some appeal.

10 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Also ... says it's volume one ... release on May 31

Amazon U.S.

Same here. Mine was ordered two weeks ago and it was announced for the same date! I saw it yesterday in a shop but the price was the double of the Amazon discount price!