Super detailed cutaway of a JU87B "Stuka"

Good morning to all

I would like to share with you my super detailed cutaway of the old Airfix 1:24 scale Ju87B.

I just love this kit and decided that I wanted to do something a little different.  I wanted to make a cutaway of the Starboard side plus the wing. After searching dear old Google for hours to get some sort of info I started.

I built this many years ago and sold it on, so the photos are from way back! ....so apologies for the quality of them!

I haven't been active on here for a long time as I have moved back to the UK from Bulgaria.. so I do hope I remember how to load the photos! 

Cheers......................

stuka001.jpg

stuka003.jpg

stuka016.jpg

stuka009.jpg

stuka005.jpg

stuka018.jpg

stuka017.jpg

stuka025.jpg

stuka024.jpg

stuka007.jpg

stuka008.jpg

stuka010.jpg

stuka014.jpg

stuka012.jpg

stuka013.jpg

stuka022.jpg

stuka015.jpg

stuka020.jpg

stuka023.jpg

stuka019.jpg

Thanks a lot for taking a look!

Cheers

Fozzy

What an incredible build! There is some eye candy here for everyone. My stash has one or two of these old kits to build, but I will not attempt the details you did. Out of curiosity, what are the yellow balls in the wing?

19 minutes ago, bobster said:

What an incredible build! There is some eye candy here for everyone. My stash has one or two of these old kits to build, but I will not attempt the details you did. Out of curiosity, what are the yellow balls in the wing?

Thank you  Bobster!....the yellow balls are oxygen cylinders;)

Wow! That's awesome! I have one to build as well and in the same desert scheme.

Lotta work in that cutaway...I don't think I have enough years left on the planet to

do one up like that! I was curious about the yellow balls to...thanks for answering 

that question too!

Cheers...Ron

Fantastic build, was this OOB build or did you use aftermarket accessories and did you have internal schematics of plane if so from what publication? I have this kit in stash but don't recall all those parts so would you share more about the inner parts build if you care too? 

On 3/14/2024 at 7:33 AM, Brock said:

Fantastic build, was this OOB build or did you use aftermarket accessories and did you have internal schematics of plane if so from what publication? I have this kit in stash but don't recall all those parts so would you share more about the inner parts build if you care too? 

Hi there

So this is the 1:24 scale Airfix kit. All the parts that are not in your kit as you say , are scratch built using various materials , such as ..

plastic card , electrical wire, Coca Cola can aluminium, and any other materials I see that look the part. None of the detail that you see are aftermarket products as I personally don't believe in buying them and never have or will!

Any details that I scratch build are reproduced by looking at thousands of photographs off Google Images and then replicated to 1:24 scale.

To see photos of the way I build my models go to .......

https://www.facebook.com/martinfostersscratchbuiltmodels

I hope this answers your question

Cheers

Fozzy