Revell 1/24 N-1 Starfighter

The Madhatter

hey Boris

Thanks mate. I know its been a few weeks since I updated this after the weird  paint incident and the subsequent 2 week wait for more to arrive. However, In that time, I stripped it right back to bare plastic (for the 4th time) and it is now currently red again and will be getting a protective layer of clear sprayed on this weekend.

Thanks for looking in :)

Sadly, I am putting this away for the foreseeable future. :deadhorse: Yep, it's happened yet again and to add insult to injury, some paint has completely lifted at the back

Needless to say, I am more than just a tad annoyed. I am not striping this back for the 5th or 6th time ( its happened so often I have actually forgotten the exact amount).

Maybe once I've calmed down enough to look at it again I will but until then, I don't want to know about it.

I'm truly sorry for those watching but I'm sure you will understand

20240426_164841

20240426_164818

20240426_164821

I think that's it for me an WIPs now. I'll continue on with the Star Destroyer because that's too big a project not to update it when I get to it, but in terms of new builds - it's pretty unlikely that I'll do another WIP.  I thought this one would be pretty straight forward but it's been anything but and I'm over it.

Thank you to those who showed support along the way by posting and liking - I really appreciate it and its to those people that I am sorry to.

As always, thanks for stopping in and I shall see you around

Si

Thanks Kev. I just need to take a break from WIPs as lately,  a lot of what I start doesn't get finished,  and who wants to watch a thread that amounts to not much? At least it serves as an example of what not too do 

Si, your work here on LSP is highly appreciated wether the models are finished or not!

Most of us here have more unfinished projects going, than completed ones. Just know that whatever you choose to share is a valued contribution. I marvel at the stuff you post and enjoy watching your process.  

Yeah, this one is fighting you big time. A refreshing break is in order!

Edited by Greg W

Yeah, the tape impressed or left residue yet again, despite a nearly 7 day dry time. 

Thanks for the support guys around the WIP thing. I know we all like them, however,  I'm not sure if I can keep embarrassing myself with this recent string of fails. 

10 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

Yeah, the tape impressed or left residue yet again, despite a nearly 7 day dry time. 

Thanks for the support guys around the WIP thing. I know we all like them, however,  I'm not sure if I can keep embarrassing myself with this recent string of fails. 

One trick i do when removing tape on sensitive paint it to spray it down with water before removing it, it loosens the adhesive then as your lifting the tape i spray water between the tape and the model. I learned that trick working with Alclad that is super prone to lifting.

On 4/26/2024 at 2:42 AM, LSP_Kevin said:

That’s a bummer, Si. I hope you can resurrect it at some stage. Sad to think that you won’t be sharing any more of your builds, so I hope you’ll reconsider when the pain wears off!

×2!  I hope you change your mind on that as well