Revell... Really

red Dog

None of the readily available 1/32 F-16‘s are the F-16A (MLU) variant and at €40,- it‘s about a 1/4 of what Tamiya‘s F-16C costs. That might lure somebody into buying it (not me though…).

14 hours ago, chrish said:

Is this an old kit? I didn’t know Revell did an F-16 

from what year?

hang on, never mind I’ll check scalemates it should all be there for the reading

I built this display from old Revell kits.  Like their first release that had the Block 10 smaller stabilizers.  I had to use sheet styrene and laminate the tails to make them the larger later block design.  
As a matter of fact, our member Jack sent me three of the kits from across the pond. 
I used Tamiya decals, no way I could have afforded to do this with 5 Tamiya kits. 

Wow, I just looked in my in box. This was a build I did 10 years ago. 

Z65kFl.jpg

Edited by ScottsGT

2 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Albatross!

Every time I read about that smoothly wooden-fuselaged WWI German fighter with the 'V' interplane struts, or the later Czech jet trainer, I hear that in my head, or I even say it out loud, if no one else is about.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Minor change.

Just out of curiosity, and disregarding the dorsal antenna one is invited to remove, is the residual tail fin early F-16C, later F-16C, or neither? 

(I'm still looking for an F-16ADF vert stab for an Ultima Diana retroversion from the Tamiya but am guessing it's maybe better to track down a PWMP or newer 3D-Chute Expert fin)

Mardi Gras / Shrove Tuesday this evening and not a waffer-theen mint anywhere. Did have some crepes with maple syrup and walnuts, plus a squeeze of lemming. De-lish.

Tony