MASTERS is here!

35 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’ve watched through episode 3, but haven’t had much desire to catch up.  Just don’t care about any of the characters.  They’re all interchangeable and not interesting to me.

Same here.

28 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Just don’t care about any of the characters.  They’re all interchangeable and not interesting to me.

It’s where you got it wrong. The characters did actually exist and (I think) even wore their real names in the film.
I’m sure they wished they were interchangeable and unfortunately they weren’t as you would have discovered if you watched episodes 4 and 5.
Spoiler? Moi? :rolleyes:

Yeah, the characters are really standing out to me. 'Bucky' - John Egan in particular, seems like quite the lad.., whereas his good mate Gale Cleven is much more solid and dependable.

Haven't watched episode 5 yet and I'm looking forward to it! (Has a long way to go to beat episode 3, for me!)

15 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

Haven't watched episode 5 yet and I'm looking forward to it!

Keep in mind that the series is based on real characters and their feats during the war. Even the B-17s (names and serials) mentioned in episode 5 are authentic or so I guess. I’ll have to wait until I read the BOOK (thanks @Christa :yahoo:)

Edited by quang

15 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

Yeah, the characters are really standing out to me. 'Bucky' - John Egan in particular, seems like quite the lad.., whereas his good mate Gale Cleven is much more solid and dependable.

Haven't watched episode 5 yet and I'm looking forward to it! (Has a long way to go to beat episode 3, for me!)

16 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

Has a long way to go to beat episode 3, for me!

Episodes 1-3 are just appetizers :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, quang said:

It’s where you got it wrong. The characters did actually exist and (I think) even wore their real names in the film.
I’m sure they wished they were interchangeable and unfortunately they weren’t as you would have discovered if you watched episodes 4 and 5.
Spoiler? Moi? :rolleyes:

I didn’t get anything wrong.  Not particularly caring for the show is my opinion, and not “wrong”.  Never said the characters didn’t exist or weren’t real.  That has nothing to do with it.  I watched Band of Brothers and enjoyed it immensely, and those were real historical characters.  Maybe it’s because it’s only a 6 episode series, or maybe it’s because a lot of it is in the air, where once they put their oxygen masks on, they all look the same and lose a lot of individuality, but the characters aren’t developed enough to be entertaining.  All I know is Elvis is flying a B-17 and is apparently one of a few guys named Bucky, and there’s a navigator that pukes a lot.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

All I know is Elvis is flying a B-17 and is apparently one of a few guys named Bucky, and there’s a navigator that pukes a lot.

Whatever you say Dave. Though you clearly missed what’s the first half of this series is all about. :P

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

I didn’t get anything wrong.  Not particularly caring for the show is my opinion, and not “wrong”.  Never said the characters didn’t exist or weren’t real.  That has nothing to do with it.  I watched Band of Brothers and enjoyed it immensely, and those were real historical characters.  Maybe it’s because it’s only a 6 episode series, or maybe it’s because a lot of it is in the air, where once they put their oxygen masks on, they all look the same and lose a lot of individuality, but the characters aren’t developed enough to be entertaining.  All I know is Elvis is flying a B-17 and is apparently one of a few guys named Bucky, and there’s a navigator that pukes a lot.

I think that is a very valid point. People these days seem to readily confuse peoples opinions with factual statements

I am  very interested in it not enjoying it if you get what I mean.  6 weeks was reportedly the est  life span of a crew.  Far different then the ground war in that  they did not really have the normality of the base in bweteen the episodes of terror.  The part where the boy felt so guilty for not dying with the  belly turret gunner when teh door jamed was gut wrenching.  I am looking forward to episode 5.  I am getting into dcs and it is interesting to see the stratagey from the lufwaffe pov.