MASTERS is here!

ARGH!

Much to my surprise, Masters of the Air by Donald L. Miller has just been delivered. It is a hefty book. I will not watch the series until I have read it. I will not follow this thread any further until I've watched the series. Enjoy gentlemen.

Just finished watching Episode 1.
Very promising start. Good storyline, good photography, good music, good acting. Even Elvis is pretty convincing although ‘don’t dance, don’t sing, don’t drink, don’t even like sport…’. Is that our Elvis after all?

Flight scenes are impeccably executed. Any cgi in there is practically invisible. I appreciate how the back stories of the main characters are covered in the first 5 minutes of the film.

My verdict? I’m giving it a second viewing to catch the production details: planes, civilians, clothing, etc. :rolleyes:

• quang changed the title to MASTERS is there!
51 minutes ago, quang said:

Indeed I have the Delta accent. Mekong delta, that is. :rolleyes:

Funny you mention that.  My daughter and her husband just went to Vietnam (their second time there) for vacation.   He speaks a decent bit of Vietnamese but was surprised to find that the accent up north was so different he couldn't understand anything that was being said.   

1 minute ago, John1 said:

Funny you mention that.  My daughter and her husband just went to Vietnam (their second time there) for vacation.   He speaks a decent bit of Vietnamese but was surprised to find that the accent up north was so different he couldn't understand anything that was being said.   

Rest assured John. He’s not the only one. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, George said:

Episode One was great!  Here's some helpful advice to enjoy it better.  Don't compare it to Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

Don’t even compare Band of Brothers and the Pacific. The two series were clearly done differently from the creators’ point of view.

Why should MOTA be different? I feel that the emphasis here will be as much on the impact upon the civilian population (British and German) than the military action. I appreciate the scene of women tending cattle indicating that all British manhood was enrolled to the front. Such a short scene but so indicative of things to come.