Andy's Hobby HQ New 1/16th Kit...

LSP_Ray

The problem with the Tiger is that it underwent so many minor changes throughout its life; finding two exactly alike was probably hard when they were actually in "Production"! Funny, such a great machine required so many little fixes! I bet Henschel charged each change.

I got one of those 1/35 Dragon smart kits for a late Tiger years ago. Every step had about four different things you had to choose a version of. It got really annoying after a while. I ended up building it as a stripped-out Museum tank, so I didn't have to deal with the nightmarish PE tool clamps. It was the last German Armor I ever tried to build.

4 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

I have a few ref's on the Tiger, so when it's time, dive in, sort it out as best you can, go from there. 

Too bad about the RFM Tiger, I thought they were top of the mark. I wish there was a way to look at some Russian captures, I'm sure there are some interesting ones.

3 hours ago, JeepsGunsTanks said:

The problem with the Tiger is that it underwent so many minor changes throughout its life; finding two exactly alike was probably hard when they were actually in "Production"! Funny, such a great machine required so many little fixes! I bet Henschel charged each change.

I got one of those 1/35 Dragon smart kits for a late Tiger years ago. Every step had about four different things you had to choose a version of. It got really annoying after a while. I ended up building it as a stripped-out Museum tank, so I didn't have to deal with the nightmarish PE tool clamps. It was the last German Armor I ever tried to build.

I don't think the RFM Tiger is that bad, you just need to be aware of the little issues.

For figuring out the features of the Tiger you want to build, probably the fastest way to figure it out is to check out Thomas Jentz & Hilary Doyle's book, "Germany's Tiger Tanks Vol. 1: D.W. to Tiger I" page 83. There you will find a handy chart of monthly production numbers along with ranges of each external modification. You will have to do extra reading, or read through Byrden's website to figure out internal changes, but the table will get you started. 

For instance, Trumpeter's late Tiger with the Pilze crane mounts, means it will have been produced between Jun-Aug 1944.

1 hour ago, eoyguy said:

Yep, I am stoked! Never thought we would get a M113 in the true scale

So much so, I did my own. 

Let's get the M113 & series up first. There can be what 5-ish variants? 

Should be a good seller, and have a lot of wiggle room for the A/M guys.

2 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Let's get the M113 & series up first. There can be what 5-ish variants? 

Should be a good seller, and have a lot of wiggle room for the A/M guys.

Standard 113A1, ACAV, A2 and A3 upgrades, Israeli, crazy things like TUA, ambulance version, M106 mortar, Australian firesupport version as shown above. Lots of possibilities, but a bog standard M113 and ACAV are good enough for me. Though an Israeli version would be cool as well.

Its a great choice for many reasons. Tons of marking and paint schemes, relatively simple but easily shows of the interior without taking it apart, isn't huge, has been used for 50+ years and probably that many countries. I remember seeing one sitting outside at the Fort Knox museum, in faded MERDC camo, with a holes in the side. That's when I realized it was made out of (very thin) aluminum and not steel. I was about 11 yo. I have a soft spot for faded old museum displays, maybe i'll do one of those.