Andy's Hobby HQ New 1/16th Kit...

LSP_Ray

41 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

Click on the pic of the M4A1, it is a link that will take you there.

I went and checked it out, and also did a search for Macross, and now I want to order all kinds of stuff...

I wish there were some actual pictures of the M4A1 sprues.

6 hours ago, JeepsGunsTanks said:

I went and checked it out, and also did a search for Macross, and now I want to order all kinds of stuff...

I wish there were some actual pictures of the M4A1 sprues.

Since you like big scale and Macross, you could try to find on eof these:

https://www.hlj.com/1-20-scale-plamax-mf-37-minimum-factory-vf-1-super-strike-fighter-valkyrie-max01094

I have one and it is by far the biggest single kit box I own. Model too. 

Back on topic, AFV Modeller has released some detail sets for the M10 and Achilles kits. They include a driver's section and radios. 

48 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

So has Andy said if he plans do release the M4A1 at some point? I'd drop 150 on a kit from him, but I'm struggling to spend well over 200 for the I Love Kit.

He's made no mention of it, though ILK (as I prefer to reference them) is releasing an M4A1 76mm with VVSS at some point.

While I was checking out the HLJ site, I see that a company called "Freedom Models" has a BMW motorbike and a Kettenkrad in 1:16 as well. Another company I have never heard of, but I am sorely tempted by both, as the prices seem pretty reasonable to me.

T

7 hours ago, BiggTim said:

So has Andy said if he plans do release the M4A1 at some point? I'd drop 150 on a kit from him, but I'm struggling to spend well over 200 for the I Love Kit.

I have asked him repeatedly about coming out with ANY VVSS Shermans but he is keeping tight-lipped. I do think it is a no-brainer since he now has the VVSS suspension modeled in the M-10 kits. Which version is the question. 

6 hours ago, BiggTim said:

While I was checking out the HLJ site, I see that a company called "Freedom Models" has a BMW motorbike and a Kettenkrad in 1:16 as well. Another company I have never heard of, but I am sorely tempted by both, as the prices seem pretty reasonable to me.

T

I have the Freedom Models 1/16 Kettenkrad w/Goliath kit. Looks ok, but haven't done a deep dive into it yet. (Too many kits, too little time.)

10 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

SB has the Trumpeter “target vehicle” with the PAK 40 in stock.  To $$$ for me to buy for the gun.  

https://spruebrothers.com/trp00943-1-16-trumpeter-sd-kfz-251-ausf-22d/

Das Werk has already announced their own 251/22 coming out this summer ( I think) so it should be at a better price point, and better detailed.

9 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Since you like big scale and Macross, you could try to find on eof these:

https://www.hlj.com/1-20-scale-plamax-mf-37-minimum-factory-vf-1-super-strike-fighter-valkyrie-max01094

I have one and it is by far the biggest single kit box I own. Model too. 

Back on topic, AFV Modeller has released some detail sets for the M10 and Achilles kits. They include a driver's section and radios. 

MAN, that is cool.  I searched on Ebay, 1100-1200 bucks now! To rich for my blood, but I would have shelled out retail for it, if I had known at the time!

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

Das Werk has already announced their own 251/22 coming out this summer ( I think) so it should be at a better price point, and better detailed.

Yup I saw that and agree.  I can wait

16 hours ago, JeepsGunsTanks said:

MAN, that is cool.  I searched on Ebay, 1100-1200 bucks now! To rich for my blood, but I would have shelled out retail for it, if I had known at the time!

The Hasegawa 1/48 kits are actually more detailed and build up quite nicely. If you drop down to their 1/72 line, there's a lot more variety.