Andy's Hobby HQ New 1/16th Kit...

LSP_Ray

From a marketability standpoint, a T-54/55 or Centurion (preferably later model with diesel) would make the most sense. I would like either, and a M113 wouldn't be bad either. M48 Patton as well, as it was widely used not only by the US, but Israel in several conflicts, and many other countries as well. 

I always get the idea that if someone says "postwar" they mean 50's and 60's, the 70's starting the "modern" era, so I wouldn't bet on something of that time frame. Then again I wouldn't have bet on an M10/Achilles either...

I am sure it will be a US vehicle. That Seems to be the pattern and would match what he normally tends to build himself. 

He seemed very fond of the 1/16 M1 Abrams from Tamiya but pointed out a lot of the poor details. He could do one of those.. 

Perhaps an M60.. 

While we are awaiting news of what Andy is going to come up with next, I just received the new Gecko 1/16th PzII c A/B/C uparmored kit. Looks pretty good in the box, and it also looks like either they are going to release the un-uparmored version someday as included in the kit is the earlier rounded glacis, complete with details, totally covered up with the added armor. Most of the other armor plates are provided separate, with the exception of the plate covering the tranny. Other than scratching that part, the rest would only take some re-work to create a Polish campaign vehicle.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

Due out this month:

ilk61617_0.jpg

Are you #$^^$#@#@ me? In 1:16?

Edit: I just looked it up, and you are not #$%^&$#@ me. But "I Love Kit"? I know nothing about them, and they want 218 USD!!! Yikes! I bet Andy would charge about 150 for one if he did it.

Edited by BiggTim

I Love Kit released 3 versions of the M4A3E8 in competition with Andy's Hobby HQ. Rumor is they are a Trumpeter affiliate. Anyway, at Scalemates listing for the M4A3E8, they do link an in-box video review. I haven't seen a good comparison anywhere but if really associated with Trumpy, they are probably not error free, but probably fixable.

I Love Kit released 3 versions of the M4A3E8 in competition with Andy's Hobby HQ. Rumor is they are a Trumpeter affiliate. Anyway, at Scalemates listing for the M4A3E8, they do link an in-box video review. I haven't seen a good comparison anywhere but if really associated with Trumpy, they are probably not error free, but probably fixable.

I had no idea. And what a dumbass name.

My 1:200 I Love Kit USS Hornet (CV-8), is in fact the Trumpeter kit, just considerably cheaper.

I looked over the "I love kit" (yeah, dumb name) Easy 8 kits and compared them closely with Andy's by reviewing the sprues. The "I love" has a peeve of mine, all the periscopes are all fixed.  Dragon has been doing rotatable periscopes on their kits since the late 90s on 1/35 at 1/16 not having them seems terrible. On the Andy's they all rotate if they are supposed to.

Also on Andy's E8, you also get a very nice replica M1A2 gun that can be detailed into almost its own little kit. In fact, I've been trying to figure out a way to buy a few loose Andy's sprues, to build his E8 Gun setup to mount outside the hull, without having to sacrifice the whole kit.

The upgraded Ilove, came with some ok Photo Etch and a resin figure, but at almost 280 bucks its not a nice enough base kit for the price.

Now, hopefully the M4A1 comes in right around the one fifty price point, if so, I'll life with fixed periscopes to get an M4A1 75.

@BiggTim an M-51 would be interesting, not a WWII tank, but still a Sherman...

49 minutes ago, JeepsGunsTanks said:

Oh, also, it took a long time for the I Love Kit E8s to be available over here. Noo Sprubrothers has them all in stock. Hopefully, that means they have a line on this new M4A1 Kit.

I have mine on pre-order from HLJ. That is also where I got my Gecko Models 1/16 PzIIc A/B/C, which is no where to be found in the states; not even for pre-order.