airscale Pro 1/24 Airfix Bf109E Wheel Wells

airscale

On 12/3/2023 at 12:45 AM, Captain Boogaloo said:

Awesome!!! Thanks very much, Peter; ordered! Is there any chance you might do the same thing for the Airfix Mk1a Spitfire? That kit would really use some love in that area!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

quite possibly - i just need a kit to work from and I am too tight to keep dropping £80 on base kits I will never build :)

20 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Similar treatment for the Dragon/Cyber Hobby/Hobby200o 109s to replace that awful Rubberised Styrene stuff please. Thanks.

as above :)

running a test print of a prop & spinner set....

gkuQj3.jpg

Gq2Cgp.jpg

will see how that goes..

Peter

On 12/2/2023 at 8:36 PM, airscale said:

Howdy,

I have been asked a few times for these as the kit has absolutely nothing, so after Spencer Pollard lent me a kit after Telford, knock yourselves out :)

Available here

DJJHvn.jpg

EpgmIh.jpg

2HB8Xm.jpg

hmn99g.jpg

TTFN

Peter

On 12/2/2023 at 8:36 PM, airscale said:

Howdy,

I have been asked a few times for these as the kit has absolutely nothing, so after Spencer Pollard lent me a kit after Telford, knock yourselves out :)

Available here

DJJHvn.jpg

EpgmIh.jpg

2HB8Xm.jpg

hmn99g.jpg

TTFN

Peter

Needed you ten years ago Peter. I had to make my own :D3mWmB41.jpeg

Well, for once, tawdriness has paid off for me! I'm currently building one of these beasties, but have focused more on the Revell P-51D I also have on the go, so haven't got as far as the wheel wells - this will save me some (what would have been poor) scratch-building. ;)

Thanks Peter.

On 12/4/2023 at 2:51 PM, Captain Boogaloo said:

I will have a stash rumage for a nice sharp early molding of the Airfix Spitfire Mk1a Spitfire and get the parts to you as soon as I'm able! 

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

And anything the Cap can't provide, I can probably step in too, as I have at least one of all the propeller driven Airfix 1/24th kits in the stash..

On 12/3/2023 at 11:11 AM, ade rowlands said:

Similar treatment for the Dragon/Cyber Hobby/Hobby200o 109s to replace that awful Rubberised Styrene stuff please. Thanks.

I second that! I have four Cyberhobby 109s yet to build. Two I saved by fitting into the wings while still flexible but two others were hardened in deformed shape and now useless.

Only flaw in an otherwise fantastic kit.