P-67 Moonbat

Dandiego

Working on some small details. 

I have printed out a first version of my cockpit side walls and IP. They seem to fit so I will go back into Fusion and add some more details. Radio deck was received some wiring.

IImpzvI.jpg

Brake lines on the main gear.

AzFsnsB.jpg

Dan

I have painted the cockpit details and am now working on getting everything to fit. Some tweaking is needed to get everything to fit. Also I have noticed that there is enough room in front of the IP too add extra weight. This should finally solve the tail heaviness that has been a persistent issue.

13oQYxw.jpg

8hktblG.jpg

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

When printing out resin models you will, eventually, need to vac form some canopies. My history of creating vac canopies was mediocre, at best.

So when I sold a 1:48th scale F-103 I immediately ordered this all in one vac machine. Can't wait to use it.

sDJu1dz.jpg

Here are the canopy blanks filled with Bondo to better survive the process.

R5fPDqg.jpg

Wish me luck, Dan

2 hours ago, Dandiego said:

When printing out resin models you will, eventually, need to vac form some canopies. My history of creating vac canopies was mediocre, at best.

So when I sold a 1:48th scale F-103 I immediately ordered this all in one vac machine. Can't wait to use it.

sDJu1dz.jpg

Here are the canopy blanks filled with Bondo to better survive the process.

R5fPDqg.jpg

Wish me luck, Dan

Good luck Dan!

I too have found that even with some very good high clear resin and a very capable resin printer I'm finding the end product wont be as acceptable as Id like. Close, but not. 

I also think they will be great at making some great blanks for pulling vacs, so that being said, I'm thinking I too will need a vac machine. I know lots have successfully made their own, but the off the shelf ones are not really that expensive, so I feel it would be a worth while investment. 

Ok, I have done my first pull on the new vac machine.

Couldn't have been easier.  

Prepare your blank, set it on the stage and raise it just a little to ensure a complete pull. Put your sheet plastic into the holder and lock it in place.  Turn on the heating element. Wait until the plastic sags. Turn off heat, try on suction, lower the plastic down onto the stage. Whamo....you have vacformed a part.

YDzcaRu.jpg

cVWABKE.jpg

GtAtTKh.jpg

foKlXBY.jpg

Dan

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great work Dan!

What brand is the vac machine?

They're generic dental vacuformers, Brian. There's dozens of them on eBay that all look alike, and probably all come out of the same Chinese factory and re-badged to suit. A bit like those plastic spay booths that are everywhere under any number of brand names, but they're all basically the same thing. They're a couple of hundred AU dollars, so about $8.50 for you.

Kev

3 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

They're generic dental vacuformers, Brian. There's dozens of them on eBay that all look alike, and probably all come out of the same Chinese factory and re-badged to suit. A bit like those plastic spay booths that are everywhere under any number of brand names, but they're all basically the same thing. They're a couple of hundred AU dollars, so about $8.50 for you.

Kev

Kev pretty much nailed it. My machine has no name or identifying marks on it. When I was searching for one there were several for sale, almost all exactly the same. Mine cost $118.

Dan