Focke-Wulf FW 190 F-8 - 6./SG 10 - Revell 1/32

Furie

Thanks Mike.
Last night I applied a coat of MRP gloss varnish to a mule and then to my 190: the varnish didn't damage or fade the aluminum paint, which remains as beautiful as ever.
I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about varnishing metal paint, but everything turned out fine.

This will come in handy for a future P-51 D...

I don't know this varnish, could you give me a link please?

I found what I was looking for in the MRP range of metal paints.
It's quite complete and offers a wide range of metal colors to build a complete airplane.
Since I've had problems with different brands of varnish/paint, I've avoided mixing them, but you already know that! ;)

NMF is just short for natural metal finish. Some people like to clearcoat silvers to protect them

or prep them for decals. What I meant was that that tends to make them look more alike than

seperate colors of silver. Yep, MRP makes a great selection of silvers. I first used some of them

on my Mustang, but I didn't clear coat them.

Hi Mike.

Concerning MRP's metal paints, yesterday I applied a coat of MRP's gloss varnish to my White Aluminium, and the whole thing behaved well. 
I hope it lasts...

Edited by Furie

My precious!

I blew a fuse and decided to take the plunge.
I bought it in France, in a well-known airbrush store, and chose the Infinity CR plus Two in one V2.0 (0.2 / 0.4mm) version.
The whole thing is really qualitative, with materials, finish, accessories and adjustments that are a pleasure to see.
Now all I have to do is master it and, above all, enjoy it!
A beautiful object!

z50t.jpg

rgsp.jpg

wsfn.jpg

y4du.jpg

qgby.jpg

Well, just to see the beast's capabilities, I set up the 0.4 nozzle and needle designed for large paint surfaces and varnish application.
After painting the spinner, the fan and the propeller with MRP fine surface primer black, I did a trial run on a 1/48 mule to test the maximum fineness of the paint line.
MRP black primer paint out of the can, no dilution.
I used a graduated ruler to measure and it should be about 0.5mm...

3bv5.jpg

Beyond the capabilities of this airbrush, I really appreciate the QuickFix system (disengageable needle backstop) and also the cleaning, which is quick and easy.
This isn't advertising for H&S, but when a product is out of the ordinary, you have to say so.

After that, it costs a kidney (or one's firstborn child), but that's no surprise!

Edited by Furie

No progress on my FW 190 because before starting BB'ing and painting, I was waiting for a set of Archer to improve the appearance of all the moving surfaces.
So I sanded the 2 ailerons, the 2 flaps, the 2 horizontal stabs and the vertical rudder to remove all the relief that was present.
Then I applied a thin coat of clear gloss varnish, and I'll be fitting the set tomorrow.
Archer's products are absolutely splendid, with a very fine appearance to obtain in the end a subtle relief that will give the appearance of canvas surfaces.

:goodjob:

mudr.jpg

jaru.jpg

Archer decals on the model!
Well, it's not as easy as I thought it would be, as it requires a great deal of precision in positioning, and the length of the decals doesn't make things any easier.
Don't hesitate to rewet the decals to move them more easily, gently sliding them into the right position.
I used Mr Mark Setter to improve the adhesion of these decals.
The final look is really excellent, all the more so as the set is surgically accurate to the dimensions of the Revell kit. You can feel that the product has been carefully thought out, because it fits perfectly and the slightly grainy appearance imitates the canvas parts of the moving parts very well.
Great art! 
Tomorrow I'll apply a thin coat of gloss varnish to fix everything and let's roll.

vm5v.jpg

26ph.jpg

rvnq.jpg

iwdk.jpg

47wv.jpg

7dkf.jpg

ezzk.jpg