Azur Bloch MB 152C.1 - Zdzislaw Henneberg, France 1940

R Palimaka

1 hour ago, Loic said:

Very beautiful cockpit work Richard, the results are awesome, well done :clap2:

Thank you very much Loic. I'm really enjoying this build despite the issues and things Azur omitted or simplified. 

Edited by R Palimaka

Just read through your build thread Richard, very impressive so far. I love the introduction too with the bio of the pilot, for me it helps to bring the inanimate plane to life, and such an unusual plane at that which I know absolutely nothing about! So future progress is going to be a real treat! 

15 hours ago, mozart said:

Just read through your build thread Richard, very impressive so far. I love the introduction too with the bio of the pilot, for me it helps to bring the inanimate plane to life, and such an unusual plane at that which I know absolutely nothing about! So future progress is going to be a real treat! 

Thank you Max, that's very kind. I normally choose subjects that I can connect to a pilot or specific event. My building time usually ends up 70% research and 30% building.

I have to say that the build thread by Gilles on the other site has provided all the research I need for an aircraft that I knew almost nothing about. Not a lot on my own shelves about this one.

Richard

I think that’s about my ratio too of research/build Richard, as the premature start of my Spitfire (Early) thread illustrates!  My copy of Alfred Price’s “The Spitfire Story” has just been delivered some I’ll be immersing myself in that! 
I’m about to restart my PCM Hurricane build too, I think it would sit quite well in the “Aces GB” so I may ask for it to be moved as and when.

I just had a look at the PCM Hurricane build you started. Excellent work so far! I think it's well under the completion threshold, and I'd love to see how you finish it...mostly for the selfish reason that I have the Fawcett corrections too and want to see how you do it. :)

And looking at the research you did for the specific Hurricane you wanted to build, I think you may be more meticulous than I am. It would be great if you could move it over here. 

Richard

• 3 months later...

Well, I got a good start but life and work got in the way of finishing this one on time. I do plan to continue working on it, hopefully faster than four years like the last one.

Could this thread please be moved to Works in Progress? 

Thanks,

Richard

A little late to the party I’m afraid but I’ll follow if I may as I have one of these too.

Between yours and the  @PEYSSON Gilles build I will have lots of references and tips.

Going back to the beginning to read through again.

John

PS: I’ll definitely be investing in one of the 3D seats.

19 hours ago, PEYSSON Gilles said:

Good evening Richard
A few weeks ago I presented my step-by-step guide to this MB152 Azur.
It's a difficult model !

Your work on the cockpit is really superb.
It's a very fine work.

I wish you all the best

Gilles

Thank you Gilles,

I have been using your magnificent build as a reference, I could not have managed without it. 

Richard

4 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

A little late to the party I’m afraid but I’ll follow if I may as I have one of these too.

Between yours and the  @PEYSSON Gilles build I will have lots of references and tips.

Going back to the beginning to read through again.

John

PS: I’ll definitely be investing in one of the 3D seats.

Thank you.

No rush, I am a very slow builder! And yes, the 3D printed seat is beautiful, but it is a tight fit. I was surprised how little it cost! He has a very interesting catalogue of parts.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

After a long break for life and work stuff, going to try to get this going again. I have another project I'd like to start, and sailing season is coming.

Like a true modeller, I am completely ignoring the instruction sequence and dealing with things as I work through the build. One thing that became apparent was that the resin cowling ring was just over 2mm too small in diameter to fit properly on the front of the engine "egg". That doesn't sound like much but it was very obvious and I was trying to figure out ways to maybe sand and fair it in without destroying detail. In the end, inserting a small wedge seemed to make more sense and it fits nicely now. I just have to add some filler and sand and fair it in without changing the round shape. 

Richard

suIVSY8l.jpg

Edited by R Palimaka

Posted (edited)

All the cockpit parts have been assembled and I decided to build it as per instructions and insert it as a unit into the fuselage. I realize now that a lot of the detail and wiring I added will be hidden under the turtledeck and behind the armour plate. Well, I know it's there, and I have pictures...sorry they're not very sharp, it was late in the evening.

More to follow soon.

mtZh9NIl.jpg

HbGWhf3l.jpg

LmDxN0Gl.jpg

And the seat, which is about to get secured into place.

Ce8CYBZl.jpg

Edited by R Palimaka