Azur Bloch MB 152C.1 - Zdzislaw Henneberg, France 1940

R Palimaka

1 hour ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Great project!

Nice to have a French aircraft in this GB.

The Bloch 152 wasn’t the best performer, but was sturdy enough and really has an interesting look!

Alain

Thanks you Alain, I agree. I've always liked the French aircraft of 1940, and have the Azur kits of each of them. The MB 152 was not the best, but as you said it was a sturdy aircraft and fairly well-armed, definitely better than the Caudron. 

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in a bit of a holding pattern as the summer winds down...and I spent the last couple of weeks gathering info but mostly attempting to figure out 1938-1940 French Air Force camouflage. That is a bucket of worms! I've seen so many charts of equivalencies and comparisons, none of which agree with each other...not sure I know much more than I did at the start lol. Anyway, I think I have an idea of what colours I'm going to use based on the research of others here and on other sites. 

The paint collection so far as I try to sort out a choice, likely it will be a combination of Tamiya, Gunze, and PollyScale :

OaBqH0fl.jpg

And getting a start on cleaning up and assembling the cockpit parts. Not too badly detailed, it'll be a good basis for me to fit it out. There is a bit of PE in the kit for the cockpit, and I'll have to do something about the seat...it's not quite right.

I love detailing cockpits, to me it's the heart of the model. Since there's no 3D printed cockpit available, and not likely to be, I've stolen the instrument decals from a FW-190D. ( I bought a 3D printed cockpit for the FW) I'll separate the instruments out and use them to dress up the instrument panel. Hopefully this French lady wont mind German parts...and that wasn't meant to sound that way. :)

iRhdK28h.jpg

Found this drawing online in another build and it should prove useful:

HKQGv2wh.gif

Sorry, not very exciting but it's an actual start!

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

hi

the seat itself is a piece of art :doh:....

Alain

BTW , if you don't want to rack the brain with the seat .... If you are open to spend a little  money , "Renaissance model " provides the seat 

https://www.renaissance-models.com/ter/index.php/avions-toutes-echelles/echelle-1-32

Edited by alain11

52 minutes ago, alain11 said:

BTW , if you don't want to rack the brain with the seat .... If you are open to spend a little  money , "Renaissance model " provides the seat 

https://www.renaissance-models.com/ter/index.php/avions-toutes-echelles/echelle-1-32

Wow! Thank you, I had no idea that existed.

That would save a lot of time and frustration. I also like the 1/32 French pilot figure they have. 

Thank you Alain!

Haha! I saw that and immediately got a headache thinking about it! His seat is a work of art, there is no way I could do that, I can't solder and my eyes are not what they used to be.

I think buying the 3D one is the safer way to go.

On 9/26/2023 at 8:13 AM, alain11 said:

hi

the seat itself is a piece of art :doh:....

Alain

Thank you again Alain.

Placed an order for the seat (ordered two...just in case I damage one getting it cleaned up :)) and the pilot figure. Not sure how fast they can deliver but I can work on the rest of the cockpit and there is plenty of detail work to do on the rest of the kit in the meantime.

I'm still kind of amazed, and happy, that someone would produce a 3D printed seat for this kit. 

Thanks Loic, but I don't think I'll go that far. I may add a few more rows of rivets and panel lines, but I won't do the whole thing. I want to actually finish this one in time, for a change. :)

As for the weathering, I will be keeping that to a minimum too. According to the history of the unit, the pilots accepted delivery of the aircraft at the factory, so they would be brand new. Maybe a few chips and a few oil stains, not much more.