Happy Birthday Out2gtcha!

Uncarina

Thanks friends!

I just got back into town from a trip out of town to a VERY desolate campground I'm my home state out in the sand hills.

(Damn the blasted sand burrs, Honey locust trees and cactus!)

We were the ONLY ones in camp so avoiding the 80 foot tall Honey Locust trees was easy.......

For those of you not from NE, NC and a few others places, we have 50 to 80 foot Honey Locust trees with some of the most hard core vicious looking defensive measures out there. And they are STURDY too.....

Young-Honey-Locust-Tree-Gleditsia-Triaca

But avoiding the NE sand burr planrs was a bit harder until you identify exactly what they look like.

What looks like a normal grass type weed with soft tufts at the top at first glance, actually is a sand burr plant that blooms viciously spiked tufts at the end that have needle hooks in each tip, and stick to ANYTHING.

The first one you take in a toe, foot, calf or wherever, you figure out exactly what they look like. It's like pulling a fish hook out once a single tip of a spike goes in

SB_GrowthHabit2.jpg

2a6wgmp.jpg

It sounds horrible, but it was actually a  very relaxing experience, it's just that the camp was long over grown, bur was a nice retreat for us.

Really for this birthday I just wanted to relax, as after 15 years as a telecom engineer, my company is desolving, and I was informed that as of Q1 2024 I won't have a job.

I can say at least I got to relax for a few days. 

Thanks again for the b-day wishes gents, it means a lot!

Happy Birthday Brian :)

Sorry to hear about the job too, but I have to say in my (albeit limited) experience - once, when like you I was let go and once when I chose to go; what happened next was a massive improvement in my life and what seemed like steps backwards at the time, were huge leaps forward in the end

I hope for the same for you

All the best

Peter