Regulus II, Yep I am at it again

Dandiego

1 hour ago, patricksparks said:

Nice project Dan, always like your selections of subjects off the middle of the road !!!

Didn't want to print the launcher ?

looking forward to your progress...

Pat

Well most of the details will be printed. However my printer is rather small and the main side pieces would have been broken up into 3 pieces. Also I have had difficulties printing long thin parts. They tend to warp. And the resin prints tend to be rather brittle. Since I had a large supply of 40 thou plastic sheet it seemed to be the best option.

Dan

wow... Monogram did some crazy stuff over the decades! Did this thing actually exist? I guess it did.  Never seen it before. Actually the dryer adds a nice analogue feel to the shot. I recently sat in the cockpit of an old F-104 and it seemed like something one could cobble together with stuff bought at the local Home Hardware shop. Crazy to think one could fly at twice the speed of sound flicking toggle switches and pulling cable activated levers and twirling small plastic knobs. Allot of the stuff from this era looks super spacey but as my dad said, who worked with one of the earliest computers (the ILLIAC computer at the U of Illinois in the 1950s), the entire Apollo moon landings of the 1960s  could today be managed on a I-phone.

Ok once I added all of the parts for the work platforms I realized that they were not level or square. So I pulled them apart, reprinted a few parts and reassembled.

So here they are more or less complete. Still need railings on the right side. Also I added the rear jackstands but they look a little puny to me so I will need to replace with something a little more robust.

UXtaRW4.jpg

gxyHSCt.jpg?1

paaJdRJ.jpg?1

R42e8li.jpg?1

Thanks, Dan