Paint booth, how many have them.

trgt

I have had the Pace PeaceKeeper Super Mini now for 10+years. It is great. AND we have peace in the house with my spousal-unit.                                                                       

Edited by Jager
Correct

On 5/4/2023 at 11:30 AM, Woody V said:

Hey, don't knock those el-cheapo units. They work great if you gut them and use a 600CFM exhaust fan to suck the fumes away.

171596392.jpg

171596394.jpg

That setup will suck the airbrush outta' your hand if you're not careful. :D

Exactly how big is your booth ?? It better be HUGE otherwise all this fan will do is pull dirt into your booth and, you'll be wasting a lot of paint. The fan only needs to be strong enough to take away the fumes.

Steve

Edited by A-10LOADER

On 5/4/2023 at 4:30 PM, Woody V said:

Hey, don't knock those el-cheapo units. They work great if you gut them and use a 600CFM exhaust fan to suck the fumes away.

171596392.jpg

171596394.jpg

That setup will suck the airbrush outta' your hand if you're not careful. :D

Do you wear an oxygen mask when you paint?!

1 hour ago, A-10LOADER said:

Exactly how big is your booth ?? It better be HUGE otherwise all this fan will do is pull dirt into your booth and, you'll be wasting a lot of paint. The fan only needs to be strong enough to take away the fumes.

It's one of these portable ones, but by the time you take all the innards out there isn't exactly a lot of area to cut the exhaust hole, plus the fan is about 3/4 inch away from the wall so it loses some suction. Just excuse my exaggerating, it's really quite docile.... and VERY effective.

171919737.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I do use a spray booth.  Sadly I cannot spray outside and I value my respiratory system too much to spray inside without one (I use enamels). The humidity here in VIrginia varies between 20% and 80% depending on the time of year. I use a Paasche HSB-22-16 which pulls air right away from me.  The only thing better would be a downdraft booth but that awaits a fairly chunky project to be completed as I’ll need to build that. 

Kind regards,

Paul