Fokker F.I (Dr.I) Werner Voss

sillymodeler

Hi All

I completed building Werner Voss’s Fokker F.I. last month.

The kit is from MENG (originally designed by Wingnut Wings), but the decals for Voss’s plane designed by the MENG is awful. So I used the Aviattic Werner Voss decal set for this build. The fuselage painting is also Aviattic’s overall decals. The fantastic figure is from the Model Cellar.

The color scheme of Voss’s plane might be controversial, but I chose light blue as the base color because British ace James McCudden described the color of Voss’s F.I. as “silverly blue”.

I also find the 3D model of Voss’s motorbike (Wanderer 1914). Voss is one of my favorite aces, so I'm happy I could build this bike with him.

I hope you all enjoy it.

7ULYv4drYRt6p2SVGuCgP9pvHjoH0vdPUCu_iKKNAMWts8DFH4TAf-N-7crMb_6eEC2sg44hd-gPM_B_7QFVUdMnFQ4Lbysf2lTdRGps9mVsBu7ugWl_ArldQmJRyeVGZajhefGV8_51Q3167TsL-C9Y1JeXDRssmj_U7ufe6VjpjteMgCKbAmSRQ5vGNitZtl4UrQ=w802-h1002-s-no?authuser=0

AMWts8A7hfRx0a7vvNfryRUs2QkpTO0OH9X0kRHe

AMWts8CJqUsTrHJXzse4nBJ-KZZuWW2tPdwWQawg

AMWts8Au-3qwd50URyFU4xGt6xK0ALuJF3gBNJV3

AMWts8B01arJRN1f2wXGg0jgAm_-1U8wLWWmOyHw

AMWts8DGofis7HMWFX_9L9oUOmOVrJYOu7I33mRT

AMWts8Ahr3dwAVAlmpeFDVw2t0D8wfa620j1BGwY

AMWts8D0ImVIofXxh-C8Fy0eZ5XUDWUOrFVCnR8Z

AMWts8CsMLNxsook6_1QbKGQzudzLwhnB6wca13o

AMWts8AlyTAgLuKLIY-IDg9Owtn3Hib5bMrWKsia

AMWts8C590517vLAJg0dfxxmW0yycEKjVmhQkSs5

AMWts8D2kZKRCNxhTjc-_jcCXigpdLtfNEBB9NtQ

AMWts8BJnvipoCPU2HBp_il8HSNCBPKWNw_ZBoGJ

AMWts8Dgn8pJYx4WsXt5mFHNHCG10mzqyBqLjztG

AMWts8A3T2S30zrVZyDsULJa-ZXrEy6EFoogpqlX

AMWts8BYvotieLaMhoExXr9VHvnPCQozsjOHwlG2

8Dc7peW5euTPDWRGLolxAli6whs65KhD3F2hZ6QD

Edited by sillymodeler
fix typo

Superb build man!  The cockpit looks fantastic; you got the wood grain and leather look perfect.  I know there is some controversy about what the exact color of Voss's plane was, but I think your representation is probably pretty close.  Technically you did a fantastic job on the decaling and painting.  Your painting of the prop is sublime as well.  I tried to get a wood look with my Dr.I build, but it looks pretty tame compared to your masterpiece.  Finally, I think you did a great job on the Voss figure.  Model Cellar certainly has some high quality ones; I used one of their casts of von Richthofen for my build.  Again - superb work!

Ernest

3 hours ago, Iain said:

Brilliant build!

Funnily enough - I came across a 3D model of a 1914 Wanderer the other day on Cults whilst looking at motorcycle subjects - possibly the same one?

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/wanderer-1914

Iain

Thank you!

Yes. That's the model I used here. This model is good enough in 1/32 scale, but you need to rescale it to your desired scale. The scale of the model described in the Cults is 1/72, but it's actually modeled in 1/6. For rescaling, I used "3D builder", a pre-installed application in Windows 10. The detail of the model is very delicate, so you need to use 4K level 3D printer. I asked my friend for printing.

Good luck!