Ki-43, When are we getting a new one?

CRAZY IVAN5

1 minute ago, LSP_Mike said:

I did my bit many years ago. Backdated the Hase -3 to a Home Defense -1. Guess it didn't work.

Hey ya tried man. I built one many years ago ,it's still around just looked at it the other . That's what got me started on all this

1 hour ago, KiwiZac said:

I don't know about you all but I'd rather like a -I:

This is the aircraft now at the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum in the USA.

Now that's nice! I'll take one of ANY version, we're starved when it comes to Japanese hardware . I mean we got Zeros and Raidens and such but there's more to be done.

2 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Would that be this one:

IMG_0521.thumb.JPG.01137181146d066fcbd00a51ea0e4b4d.JPG

Was neat to see.

The very same. Sadly she'd already departed for the US by the time I got to Wanaka but I hope to see her there one day.

7 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

If you can get there I can tell you there is some neat aircraft including the P-40B, the cockpit section of a Lanc, and is the new home of 'Yellow 10,' the Fw190D-11. Not to mention some AFV's and other cool stuff.

And, to boot, after being closed and the rumored sale of all aircraft after Paul Allen died, the museum and all of its contents have been purchased by the Walton family, who are keeping the museum in Washington state, and opening it up here very shortly after being closed for several years. Outside of Paul Allen, his family had zero interest in history and keeping the museum open, thus his family estate attempted to sell of anything they could. I'm not sure if any of his restorations actually sold before the Walton's bought everything. He had some really great projects in the pipeline, including a Ju-87R, Me-262 with remanufactured Jumo engines, and a Fw-189, all being restored to flying. He had a B-17E in long term restoration, and he was rumored to be gathering pieces for a G4M Betty and Ju-88, which would also be flying examples. I've never been (missed an opportunity on a vacation before they closed), but from what I hear, it is one of the most impressive museums around.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

4 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

And, to boot, after being closed and the rumored sale of all aircraft after Paul Allen died, the museum and all of its contents have been purchased by the Walton family, who are keeping the museum in Washington state, and opening it up here very shortly after being closed for several years. Outside of Paul Allen, his family had zero interest in history and keeping the museum open, thus his family estate attempted to sell of anything they could. I'm not sure if any of his restorations actually sold before the Walton's bought everything. He had some really great projects in the pipeline, including a Ju-87R, Me-262 with remanufactured Jumo engines, and a Fw-189, all being restored to flying. He had a B-17E in long term restoration, and he was rumored to be gathering pieces for a G4M Betty and Ju-88, which would also be flying examples. I've never been (missed an opportunity on a vacation before they closed), but from what I hear, it is one of the most impressive museums around.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I got to go to this heaven before it closed , absolutely stunning! Talk about your sensory overload, outside of the Air Force and Naval aviation museums  and the Smithsonian Air and space,  it's great ! what's better ,it's a living museum, these planes are live and in technocolor baby!

16 minutes ago, Granger Davis said:

Actually saw that the museum is only going to be in Washington for a couple of years until the Waltons get their permanent museum spot in Arkansas finished

Looks like you are correct. There was rumor that it would just stay closed until 2024 when the new facility opens in Arkansas, but I figure that the opening of the new facility got pushed back a little, and it made more financial sense to just open 'er back up in Washington for the time being.

I also imagine the process of getting the aircraft across the US will take some time. Most are flyable, but not all. And finding pilots to move them will be a process, too. Steve Hinton can only fly one airplane at a time :-p

The new spot will be within driving distance of me here in TN, so that's pretty exciting.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

They say the museum will be open April-September in its current location...Reno is in September...and I may be going...FHC/FHCAM has been on my To Do list since day one so I am very, very excited. Also I've been waiting for that Stuka to fly since I was seven so I'm hoping Steuart continues it to airworthiness!

25 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

And finding pilots to move them will be a process, too. Steve Hinton can only fly one airplane at a time :-p

:D They do seem to have a good core of pilots - or at least did back in the Allen days - but I'm sure it'll all come together. And what an event it will be!

19 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

I don't know about you all but I'd rather like a -I:

This is the aircraft now at the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum in the USA.

17 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Would that be this one:

IMG_0521.thumb.JPG.01137181146d066fcbd00a51ea0e4b4d.JPG

Was neat to see.

I'm struggling to see the pre-shading peeps.

Got two 1/32 Nakajima Hayabusa kits so am interested in the bird and would like to see/fondle a new tool kit please Mr Hasegawa

Tony