Zoukei Mura Fw-190 A-4

Jan_G

1 hour ago, Paul2660 said:

VolksUSA is showing the Bf-109 G14 not the special Hartman edition, for $130.00. Far the assume the FW-190 A4 will be the same?  

Also what is any difference besides decals, in the 2 G14 kits?  Hartman and one now listed for pre-order. 

Thanks

Paul 

Well, I got both of mine but they're the Hartman releases . As far as I can tell the new one looks to be an Erla build JG-5[?], as I've already built the first one as an Erla I won't be getting this one[ the second one is a G-6 R6 Trop]. I still think the FW will be in the $130 range. Even at $160 ,it's still not that far out of line these days. Tamiya spit MkXVI are still going for about that much and in these days of $800 Lancasters ...... well.

4 hours ago, AlanG said:

It is if you don't have the bank balance of a small country like most on here seem to do :P

Oh , I hear you ,I'm on a fixed income now that I'm retired so I really have to pick my battles carefully. the cost of everything is just spiraling out of reason these days. There's NO WAY I could even think about the $800 Lancaster or a lot of what 's offered [ nice though it is] . So I agree with your assessment .I'm still thinking the Z-M FW will come in at around $120-130 which is still getting a bit on the steep side.

On 3/9/2023 at 3:36 PM, MikeMaben said:

My guess is around   $160.00 

ZM's schedule :
Fw190A-3 Basic
Fw190A-4 SWS
Fw190A-5/6/7 Basic
Fw190A-8 SWS
Fw190D-9 SWS

Still waiting for the basic kits  :shrug:

From what I remember, the first release was always going to be the A4 SWS kit … followed shortly by the A3 Basic … and that’s from the initial announcements over 5 years or so ago. I think that the A8 was supposed to follow on from there, but can’t be sure …

Rog :)

As I went looking around for ZM kits due to the question about the Skyraider availability, I noticed almost all ZM kits are about 30-40€ more expensive than last year, my LHS could order the He219 last year for 170€ but it's now 210€, the Skyraider with bombs was 155€ and now 183€, etc...

While I do like the short-nosed Fw190s (especially those night attack bombers with the smudged black on them) I'm not really interested enough in them to buy one. 

Happy for those that love the Fw190 (and have the budget), though! :) My LHS had the Hartmann 109 at 125€ but the new issue is 165€ -I would not be too surprised to see these new SWS edition Fw190s to be around that, too. I am curious about the basic ones.

I'd love a "basic line" ZM, carrier based, jet powered A-4A/B/C, though ;) The third A-4 I know about has IIRC already been done by Takom (Aggregat 4) Sorry for the OT, currently very slowly rescribing a Hasegawa Skyhawk which I normally don't mind that much, but all those oval wing panels....... :D

Jeroen

On 3/12/2023 at 4:34 PM, MikeMaben said:

I'd love to see a 'basic line' anything ZM, just to see what they're gonna cost.

I've been wondering about the cost benefits of a so called basic kit as all of the money will have been spent on the moulds to produce a SWS kit with the usual overkill of engine con rods, pistons and internal tanks etc. All it means is you will get less plastic in the basic line with very little decrease in price. Just my two bobs worth.

TRF

On 3/11/2023 at 1:22 AM, jeroen_R90S said:

As I went looking around for ZM kits due to the question about the Skyraider availability, I noticed almost all ZM kits are about 30-40€ more expensive than last year, my LHS could order the He219 last year for 170€ but it's now 210€, the Skyraider with bombs was 155€ and now 183€, etc...

While I do like the short-nosed Fw190s (especially those night attack bombers with the smudged black on them) I'm not really interested enough in them to buy one. 

Happy for those that love the Fw190 (and have the budget), though! :) My LHS had the Hartmann 109 at 125€ but the new issue is 165€ -I would not be too surprised to see these new SWS edition Fw190s to be around that, too. I am curious about the basic ones.

I'd love a "basic line" ZM, carrier based, jet powered A-4A/B/C, though ;) The third A-4 I know about has IIRC already been done by Takom (Aggregat 4) Sorry for the OT, currently very slowly rescribing a Hasegawa Skyhawk which I normally don't mind that much, but all those oval wing panels....... :D

Jeroen

Exactly right kind sir, I was just looking around the other day and you're right the prices have really taken off . I bought the Z-M Ki-45 about a year ago and paid ~$140 U.S. now, they're going for over twice that amount! I'm so glad I got mine when I did[ very nice kit by the way]. Just the price difference between the "Hartman" version and what the new G-14 is going for...... doesn't make any real sense to me , different decals {?}. The Ki-45s aren't the only ones where the prices are through the roof either.

Venting a little...

You can still buy the Ki-45 from both Spruebrothers and Scalehobbyist for $140, as of tonight. I have that kit and don't regret paying that price for it and would probably even pay a little more if I had to, given that it's a twin engine subject that is not likely to be done by any other company in my lifetime. However, that makes some of the price quotes in this thread for the Fw 190 even harder to swallow for me. I'm very interested in the basic line, as well. However, I also enjoy the Hasegawa kits and if I were looking for an engine to display, there is the Revell kit, as well. Cost comparison makes a difficult market for ZM to wade into with this one. The possible saving factor for them is that they're doing the early Anton variants, for which the only other real contender is the PCM kit, which has it's issues, but can also still be found on the secondary market for fairly reasonable prices. You can also lump the Ki-100 into this discussion (as it appears to have been mentioned, already). However, the Ki-100 also has the same luxury that the Ki-45 does, in that it's not likely to be produced by anyone else in the near future and there's no other existing IM kit of it in this scale. I just wish they were doing the early Koh variant, but I digress. I think ZM is taking a huge dice roll with this one. I wish them the best and applaud them for putting it out there. I think that can be said for most of their subjects in this scale. 

Vent closed,

^_^

John

49 minutes ago, mywifehatesmodels said:

Venting a little...

You can still buy the Ki-45 from both Spruebrothers and Scalehobbyist for $140, as of tonight. I have that kit and don't regret paying that price for it and would probably even pay a little more if I had to, given that it's a twin engine subject that is not likely to be done by any other company in my lifetime. However, that makes some of the price quotes in this thread for the Fw 190 even harder to swallow for me. I'm very interested in the basic line, as well. However, I also enjoy the Hasegawa kits and if I were looking for an engine to display, there is the Revell kit, as well. Cost comparison makes a difficult market for ZM to wade into with this one. The possible saving factor for them is that they're doing the early Anton variants, for which the only other real contender is the PCM kit, which has it's issues, but can also still be found on the secondary market for fairly reasonable prices. You can also lump the Ki-100 into this discussion (as it appears to have been mentioned, already). However, the Ki-100 also has the same luxury that the Ki-45 does, in that it's not likely to be produced by anyone else in the near future and there's no other existing IM kit of it in this scale. I just wish they were doing the early Koh variant, but I digress. I think ZM is taking a huge dice roll with this one. I wish them the best and applaud them for putting it out there. I think that can be said for most of their subjects in this scale. 

Vent closed,

^_^

John

I agree with you 100%, I didn't check on Sprue Brothers site , just looking at the EBay prices . I too wonder about the pricing for the FW and even the "new" G-14. I'll pay that for the Ki-100 like as you say , doubtful if anybody is going to do that one. As far as the basic series [ if or when they come out] I don't know how much cheaper they'll be over the ones with all the innards, they will build faster I'd think. Should be interesting as things go forward. As it is , If I want an FW , I might just go with borders 35th scale one [ it's not that important to me].

6 hours ago, fastterry said:

I've been wondering about the cost benefits of a so called basic kit as all of the money will have been spent on the moulds to produce a SWS kit with the usual overkill of engine con rods, pistons and internal tanks etc. All it means is you will get less plastic in the basic line with very little decrease in price. Just my two bobs worth.

TRF

From a marketing standpoint , if the basic line is more like Hasegawa (hoping) , no engine, just a decent cockpit and

gear bay, they wouldn't be able to charge alot more than Hasegawa. I also hope they realize that the basic line would

outsell the SWS line and pay for future projects. Weeee'll see.

I too would love to see a basic line from Z-M. For me anyway, with a 109, it would actually be cheaper than building a Hasegawa kit. On a Hasegawa 109 I typically use AM for cockpit, seatbelts, gear legs, supercharger intake, wheels and tires, prop and spinner, exhaust, plus a mask set. I paid $95 for my first G-14 and I bought two more at 20% off during Sprue Brothers holiday sale, and that's for the SWS kits. All I added was a seatbelt set. Granted you don't have to use all that AM but to be at Z-M level of detail you would. Also the Z-M is actually less work than adding all that AM.

Jay