Is the Zoukei-Mura Skyraider sold out and gone?

Bill Cross

As part of my Vietnam mania, I was looking at the Zoukei-Mura Skyraiders, and they are as scarce as hens teeth. Are they sold out? Supply chain issues keeping them out of retailers? Or am I just between shipments to Volks USA or Sprue Bros.? There aren't even many of them on eBay.

Well, for the longest time there weren't any TA-152h-1s or H-0s and they brought them back, same with the Shinden pusher prop. From what I've read on the "old man's Blog" he seems to be connected to us more so than say Tamiya[ which scale plastic models are just a small piece of their action]. Of course Tamiya is a much bigger company than Z-M . I think we'll see the Skyraiders back.

11 hours ago, Bill Cross said:

I will be happy to see the two they have already released back in stock somewhere. Again, I don't know if they're just OOS or gone for good.

Bill ... 

They'll be in stock somewhere ... or if not, restocked soon ... the later versions were only released a couple of years back. You'll want the later versions too as these come with a compliment of weapons that were formerly sold separately.

Rog :)

Hi Bill,

Not sure how viable of an option this is is, but Modellbau König has some in stock from Germany.

These are the earlier issue without the weapons, though. There was a later version with the weapons included (I have the A-1J boxing with these sprues included).

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Article?Page=1&Items=24&Filter={"producer":[105]}&s=skyraider&sort=6&view=list

The J has all the stuff the H has, but an extra add-on manual, extra USAF decals and a small sprue with wingtips and wheels etc. For an earlier VNAF or USAF Skyraider the H will do, you just need some extra decals. (AOA does 2 nice VNAF sheets)

Jeroen

Edited by jeroen_R90S
forgot the link...

They made a new boxing a while back that included the weapons set. 

But i dont think they made that much. 

I resigned trying to find one and got the trumpeter kit

Well, you mofos seem to have access to things ordinary mortals don't. Volks sent me an email saying "sorry, out of stock with no current plans to re-release." Wings and Wheels hobbies has Tamiya Skyraiders, but no Z-M weapons.

Guess someone beat me to the punch. :o

I tried to see the cost for the Cologne store, but it wants me to pay before telling me the shipping cost. Considering a Double Ugly book from Europe would cost the same price to ship as the book, I need to make sure I'm not agreeing to pay a small fortune.

Edited by Bill Cross
adding more detail