Bf 109 G-2 of Johannes "Macky" Steinhoff - REVELL - 1/32

Furie

15 hours ago, Furie said:

it was a rubber seal that made the entire circumference of the cowl engine, to improve aerodynamics.

Hi Fury, the main purpose of the rubber seal was to avoid the  transmission of vibrations from the engine to the cockpit, keep the good, cheers

Chipping continued and ended.
As I am very hesitant to use aluminum color, I preferred to chipping with the basic paints thinned with 2/3 of white.

I used a 00000 brush and a small piece of sponge/honeycomb foam. (I’m not sure of the translation)

I find that aluminum for chipping gives very variable results depending on the position of the light source, while chipping with the basic paints is always visible.

Actually the chipping you see is a very light gray.
So I chipped with the RLM 76 on the few hatches I hadn’t done yet and then on the RLM 74/75, with the same chipping tint for both, on the fuselage hatches, the leading edge slats, the leading edges and the areas or mechanics and pilot go to access the cockpit.
I am aware that I have not done a lot of chipping, but I think that we should il ne faut pas tenter le diable, et que le mieux est l’ennemi du bien, in short, we quickly did too much at the risk of spoiling the desired effect and that we should not tempt fate.

It’s a plane, not a panzer.

Thanks for looking!

What do you think of this chipping?

I wait for your comments.

g012.jpg

9601.jpg

5co0.jpg

frxb.jpg

ywgt.jpg

a7e5.jpg

al68.jpg

2dh3.jpg

Edited by Furie

12 hours ago, Shoggz said:

I think your chipping looks absolutely fine. I tend to chip down to aluminium.. but I like what you have done, which gives me food for thought!

Thanks Shoggz.
Indeed I find that chipping with paint is more flexible than chipping with aluminium. However, it's only suitable for small areas as I did, but not for chipping the wings of a Corsair for example, with large areas where the aluminum appears.

But you can apply these 2 methods to the same aircraft for different effects.

7 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

I'd perhaps tone it down on a couple of the access panels, but I really like the tone that you've used.

Matt 

Thanks Matt.
I'm going to redo or even remove the chipping on the small rectangular plate on the right, under the canopy (it's really ugly) and redo the chipping on the 2 hatches on the left wing.

And I'll reinforce (a little) the chipping done with the soft foam on the wings.
Then I'll do the oil stains under the fuselage behind the oil cooler and the engine exhaust trails.

My 2nd and 3rd given names are "parsimony" and "caution". :D

Denis walking on eggs and slowly (but surely) approaching the end.

Edited by Furie

Thanks, Antonio, I guess that’s Rolf Pingel’s plane.
Very nice photo indeed, I will be inspired but without going into excess.
The wing fillet is interesting as well as the big rivets.
I’m gonna make this better.
The rubber seal is really very visible!

Today it's engine exhaust.
Instead of painting directly black to reproduce the exhaust trails, I tried to reproduce this in 3 steps: Tam XF 55 Tan + Gunze H 72 + MRP 180 Exhaust Soot.
The XF 55 and H 72 were diluted 10/90 to obtain a very light paint, easy to paint, with low air pressure and, above all, precise.  
I was particularly careful not to paint along the length of the wingroot, but rather perpendicular to it, to try and achieve a "chopped" paint effect.
I did the same thing with MRP 180, but I didn't dilute it because it's a paint that doesn't cover much.

It therefore takes a long time to apply.

When I'd finished covering the XF 55 and H 72 with MRP 180, I was able to paint the wingroot lengthwise, to get a much more pronounced dark side (Ta da da, da da dam!). :ninja:

And that's it!

Tamiya XF55 :

gkvp.jpg

Gunze H72 :

7s74.jpg

MRP 180 :

3yx6.jpg

ia1f.jpg

uhla.jpg

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G2-Stab-II.JG52-Joha

Edited by Furie

looking good Furi, you can see many examples where the exauths area has been painted in black or very dark color, if you look closer at Steinhoff picture, the stain reaches till the half of the radiator flap  into the wing, it also shows it in the other picture on the leading wing edge, some similar examples ,  keep the good, cheers

Screenshot-720.png

Screenshot-718.png

Screenshot-719.png

Screenshot-712.png

Half the radiator flap, I don’t know, but a good third, yeah.
I saw this when I posted my photos and it will be updated tomorrow.
It also looks like there’s black on the top of the landing gear door.
Thank you Antonio for these photos. ;)

Well, it looks like I didn’t procrastinate!
I based myself on the photo of the G-6 «yellow 6» posted above because it is difficult to determine the traces of exhaust on the photo of the Steinhoff plane.
We guess that the left side of the wing is really very dirty and that this dirt is quite distant from the wingroot.

pfnm.jpg

iymq.jpg