Wingnut Wings shipment has arrived at my local hobby shop

ironman1945

Hey all.

Just thought I would let everyone know my local hobby shop, BC Hobbies,  in Victoria BC Canada, got a shipment of Wingnut Wings kits in.

Prices are fair and remember they are in Canadian Dollars.  If your interested, reach out to them  https://bchobbies.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAic6eBhCoARIsANlox87pp51v0DG8h8ShtpWz6OrB5UGXzS9_-ue0za1ljkBpkAtw-1yet90aApRkEALw_wcB   

phone call likely best, and recommend you ask for Al.

Here's what they have as of last night:

20230126_153248 20230126_153239

1 hour ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Nice to see more Canadian shops are getting them in. My LHS Wheels and Wings got theirs in earlier this week, Great Hobbies has them up on their website and supposedly Sunwing Hobbies order is inbound. 

For once, we're not getting left out. 

Carl

Carl

Wheels and Wings, what an amazing shop. Wall to wall plastic, and only plastic. Love that place, always a must when I am back in the old hometown.

Dave/Ironman1945

• LSP_Kevin changed the title to Wingnut Wings shipment has arrived at my local hobby shop
6 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Dave, I didn't know you were originally  from Toronto. Nice! 

Remember all the hobby shops that used to be here? If only more were still around. 

Carl

Hey Carl

I actually grew up in Thornbury. 100 miles north west of TO, between Collingwood and Meaford, right on Georgian Bay.  Great place to be a kid.

Spent 5 years in TO while in engineering at U of T. Moved out west when I joined the RCN. 

Yes I remember those days.   Really liked Kieth's Hobby Shop on Young. 

Dave/Ironman1945

9 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Hi do you thinks these came direct from NZ? Or from US? 

Strange how NZ and Australia didn’t get any and we are closer. Thanks for that liquidation bean counters 

Hi there.  Not sure about country of origin. Staff at the shop said they just ordered from their normal North American distributor. 

Cheers!

3 hours ago, ironman1945 said:

Hi there.  Not sure about country of origin. Staff at the shop said they just ordered from their normal North American distributor. 

Cheers!

Which is Douglas Model distributors (wholesale) AKA Sprue Brothers (retail).

19 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Hi do you thinks these came direct from NZ? Or from US? 

Strange how NZ and Australia didn’t get any and we are closer. Thanks for that liquidation bean counters 

I don't know how many times this has comment has been mentioned and corrected in the past... Wingnut Wings never went into Liquidation, as per NZ Business Register, they are still a functioning company. They have just wind-down the operations.

The remaining kits in the  NZ warehouse were made available only to their main international distributors (Hannants, MBK and Douglas (Sprue Brothers)). Then the distributors on-sold to their local retailers. There are no overseas warehouses this all stock was sold off long ago.

As Wingnut Wings was the distributor for NZ and Australia and took only small orders from the retailers, its 99.9% certain that they do not have the manpower to deal with small individual orders. Hence why NZ and Australia have missed out.

I have been told that all the stock is pretty much gone and there is only a handful of kits remaining, so they may pop up at Airshow in NZ sometime.

The photos are pretty interesting in that there is no feeding frenzy going on to grab some of the most popular kits.  Here in Germany when Modelbau König began their online sales of the WNW shipment they recieved their server was immediately crushed as a lot of folks scrambled to buy up as many of the fighter aircraft as they could at one time.  There was some serious technical issues that prevented modellers from either accessing the website or checking out.  As a result, quite a few people got left out in the cold. 

Looking at the people calmly shopping while the kits sit almost ignored is a huge contrast to the MBK experience.  Very interesting.

Ernest  

23 hours ago, Greif8 said:

The photos are pretty interesting in that there is no feeding frenzy going on to grab some of the most popular kits.  Here in Germany when Modelbau König began their online sales of the WNW shipment they recieved their server was immediately crushed as a lot of folks scrambled to buy up as many of the fighter aircraft as they could at one time.  There was some serious technical issues that prevented modellers from either accessing the website or checking out.  As a result, quite a few people got left out in the cold. 

Looking at the people calmly shopping while the kits sit almost ignored is a huge contrast to the MBK experience.  Very interesting.

Ernest  

Hey Ernest. Its likely in part because were on an island, and all the modelers here had already purchased most of the WW kits they wanted back when it was first announced that they were going out of business.  I suspect most of these kits will be sold via mail order.

Dave/Ironman1945

31 minutes ago, ironman1945 said:

Hey Ernest. Its likely in part because were on an island, and all the modelers here had already purchased most of the WW kits they wanted back when it was first announced that they were going out of business.  I suspect most of these kits will be sold via mail order.

Dave/Ironman1945

Hi Dave, thank you for the insights.  My brother lives not too far from you in Everett, Wa.  Pretty area once you are away from the urban blight.

Ernest