1/35 HH-60G pavehawk

matt_1185

Happy New Years everyone! 

funny story I have lol 

I worked so hard on painting and detailing the cabin ceiling fast rope bar, only to discover I Purchased a live resin high detailed kit :lol:  
next question is should I keep the original part or swap it out for the live resin ???

7rU9SfG.jpg
tkNvpaO.jpgviPWn9R.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words guys! 

Starting in the cockpit/cabin floor next, trying my hand at chipping where pilots step in and where the crew gets in on sides.  Primed then spray interior yellow followed by a gloss coat. After it dries for 24hrs to make sure the gloss is cured good I’ll spray the top coat, then followed by (what I hope will work) tooth pick and chip off some of the top coat leaving the interior yellow showing (gloss coat should protect the yellow from being scrapped off)  and if works out good I’ll do another gloss coat followed by some panel liner to weather the floor!

WtPnIds.jpg 

r417Axl.jpg

I also got the resin fast rope bar painted and glossed ready for panel liner as well.

Y7Wt7uc.jpg

small update, but hope will see y’all tomorrow for another as well! 

Well got the rest of the coats of paint on and my “chipping” method didn’t work… 

I let the clear sit over night to cure but seems it’s still to soft to “chip” away the black leaving them yellow to show.. 

first two pictures are just all painted ready for chipping.. 

IpszLvK.jpgYDMZHHq.jpg

and you can see the attempt to chip on this picture..

KKCjEh5.jpg

and I got the resin fast rope bar all done what y’all think? 

ZbvD2Bb.jpgzjXIwED.jpg

to be continued…

Well…… I wasn’t happy with the chipping since it didn’t even really work lol :facepalm: so in removed paint in the areas that I wanna redo   Also after primer and several coats of paint.  I was able to peel the paint off pretty easy.  It was like rubbery like didn’t ever dry :facepalm:   I ordered some liquid mask that I saw a chipping bow to so I’m gonna try that when the stuff comes in lol 

JQThQwu.jpg

This is how I’ll try next once the liquid mask comes in next week. 

E5Cp8HE.jpg