Luftwaffe's Warthog: The Hs.129

Uncarina

With all of the Luftwaffe builds that have been taking place here I was inspired to finally start my Zoukei Mura Hs.129B-2 after a hiatus from aircraft builds. I'm a fan of the Zoukei Mura kits and have built five so far. This should be number six! I'll be building the B-2RIII seen on page 14 of the Concept Note, "Red T" apparently from SchG.1 at El Aouina airfield in Tunisia, in RLM 70/71/65 with an RLM79 pattern painted over:

WJTdlYW.jpg

Aftermarket:

ZNXp0th.jpg

My first task was to rivet the airframe:

QZtCroM.jpg

Engines next!

Cheers,  Tom

8 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Glad to see you back at it on a LSP project!  I'm assuming that you primed the parts after riveting... the kit isn't molded in silver plastic is it?

Thanks John, me too! The kit is molded in a sand/dark mustard color, for those who apparently assemble this kit without paint. Not sure why ZM did this, but it is a step up from clear plastic. I always prime with Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver: It has excellent adhesion on bare plastic, it reveals flaws, and the overlying paint can be chipped back slightly to indicate wear if necessary. I riveted after this to keep the primer from diminishing the rivets.

Cheers,  Tom

2 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Thanks Jay! It’s actually a similar scheme to this one:

Cheers,  Tom

Somehow I missed that one before but it’s a beauty! I have been thinking about your Ta-152 build lately. I was able to pick one up at a show recently really cheap, like $30. Your scheme was really striking. Also John (Thunnus) did a fantastic one as well. The 109 is my first Z-M kit and I am really enjoying it so may get into the Ta-152 next.

Jay

16 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Nice choice Tom, you will enjoy this one. Fit is excellent as you would expect.

Regards. Andy 

Thanks Andy! I’ve been looking forward to this one for a while.

15 hours ago, tucohoward said:

Somehow I missed that one before but it’s a beauty! I have been thinking about your Ta-152 build lately. I was able to pick one up at a show recently really cheap, like $30. Your scheme was really striking. Also John (Thunnus) did a fantastic one as well. The 109 is my first Z-M kit and I am really enjoying it so may get into the Ta-152 next.

Jay

Thanks Jay, you’re very kind! The TA-152 was the first airframe I’ve riveted in a while, and I loved the build. I agree about John’s work, especially since he had to work with the H-1 release, which is more challenging than my kit. I’m really liking your 109 build.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

I'm a little perplexed about the ZM kits and their cost-benefit ratio, they seem too complex to me, with their very didactic internal details, but of little practical use.

but seeing your Ki-45, and waiting for the HS 129, both planes that I adore, I start to think about it...

I'm sure enough you already know the following photos, but having a folder "Hs 129" at hand, I hope to please you by posting them here. in case they bother you, tell me I'll take them off.

cheers, paolo

11427189_905027642886726_920172270268775

12400454_1701064330139556_84039047405971

10391778_1701064363472886_81846990572989

ZabBRdpSGGs1P_K9uUGG8rpwOUTOXnV6meeMwIWv