Trumpeter 1/32 scale BF 109G

James Rademaker

1 minute ago, Gazzas said:

Great...   the grammar police. 

"Is irregardless a word? Yes. It may not be a word that you like, or a word that you would use in a term paper, but irregardless certainly is a word. It has been in use for well over 200 years, employed by a large number of people across a wide geographic range and with a consistent meaning."

It may well have been accepted as a colloquialism, but it's still a travesty of grammatical logic.

Kev

My favourite bastardisation is "concretised ...".....for the love of Pete. :BANGHEAD2:

I built Trumpys 109E , thought it made a nice kit but I'm not a rivet counter . 

IM Moulds can be spark eroded rather than engraved these days hence no more raised details , but as some one pointed out you are limited by having to actually eject the part out of the mould so draft angles are a thing link here for those more enginerdy of us  

11 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Well, if you're going to get your nose all out of joint over what was a simple admission of lack of knowledge, that's on you.... I've got no skin in this game.  At least not as far as you're converned.

The least amount of respect you can fairly give to your fellow man is to leave him alone when he doesn't need your brand of help.

Anyway about 109G’s.

A quick look at any photo and comparison to the plastic reveals the big issue in ALL Trump 109G’s and its the lower cowl.

Its far to rounded and creates the look of a very pointed long nose.

Its very obvious when out side by side with a Hasegawa kit or compared to a photo of the real aircraft.

If you build it fully opened up the issue goes away and other than replacing the undersized rudder the issue wont be seen.

The rest of the kit is pretty nice within reason.

If you just want to build a 109 get the Hasegawa kit its cheap and its errors are really tiny compared to the Trump nose.

But if you want to display it with its engine opened up the Trump kit will give a very respectable result.

18 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Right along with 'inflammable.'

English-English: it's either inflammable (does catch fire) or uninflammable (doesn't). 

"able to be set alight," c. 1600, from French inflammable, from Medieval Latin inflammabilis, from Latin inflammare "to set on fire". 

...which is what a lot of people might do with the Trumpeter kit, but I'd think I'd struggle ahead with the similar 1/24th editions if I bought any them. 

Tony 

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

English-English: it's either inflammable (does catch fire) or uninflammable (doesn't). 

"able to be set alight," c. 1600, from French inflammable, from Medieval Latin inflammabilis, from Latin inflammare "to set on fire". 

...which is what a lot of people might do with the Trumpeter kit, but I'd think I'd struggle ahead with the similar 1/24th editions if I bought any them. 

Tony 

So, what is the difference between flammable and inflammable? I'm puzzled!

5 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

So, what is the difference between flammable and inflammable? I'm puzzled!

Flammable is an American simplification of inflammable. I think they use unflammable rather than uninflammable. Language evolves, but not always for the better, innit.

Tony  

On 9/27/2022 at 12:06 AM, Gazzas said:

Nobody seems to point out my most hated egregious Trumpeter fault.  It's the rivet holes.  In most places they are OK.  But on the curved areas of the fuselage they are ovoid, hinting at the fact that their rivet placer is not always perpendicular to the skin of the aircraft. 

Trumpeter has the same problem with scuttles on their ships. Especially the 1/200 ones. Any porthole or scuttle on a curved surface is ovoid. And they tend to be deep openings which are hard to correct. 

Paul

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Ok, so actually the original English wording is absolutely similar French one : "inflammable" and "ininflammable"!

Bloody Americans! :D Please stop complicating the life of non-native English speakers! :P

Language evolves.  People create new words.  I'm playing a FPS game called Verdun.  In the past we would have said:  "Laying in the prone position will improve your accuracy".  But in the game they say:  "Proning will improve your accuracy".  Or you could come to Australia where many nouns are changed.  For instance, Electricians are known as "Sparkies".  there are many others...

23 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Right up there with "decimated".

I’d disagree - I think that’s related to its usage - few understand its origin, but its meaning has now evolved

As to the use of irregardless - that’s only when I’m joking around with my Wife or friends - it’s right up there with asking for details of something and requesting ‘the pacifics’ lol

unless i know someone is taking the p*ss, it’s typically a massive no no to use stuff like that unless one wants to sound uneducated here in England (doesn’t mean it’s not uncommon of course!)