Difficult Times

MikeC

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences as I'm sure at this point words are of no avail.

You seem to have the best outlook possible on a very tough loss

Thanks my friend: one has to really, I suppose.  Thanks to everyone else too for your support, it means a lot.

She had a rather high pain threshold, and with hindsight had clearly been in a great deal of pain for a long time, but had never admitted it.  She was severely anaemic, had no balance, and slept a lot, all of which was a consequence of this filthy disease. 

Two days before, she was still exercising her wit.  Picture a junior doctor (who btw was wonderful, I bet he will go far in the profession) kneeling by her bed, trying to find a vein to stick yet another needle in the back of her left hand: she just looked him in the eye as much as she could, and said, "I didn't know you cared, but I'm married already."  And could have added "He's the one standing in the corner over there."

Wonder what she said to St Peter when she got there ... :hmmm:

But I still have a large part of her around as my lovely step-daughter is literally just up the road, which makes it easier; and mine are rallying round as well - for example my daughter just jumped in the car on Sunday and came for the day, a two-hour drive on a mixture of roads, certainly not motorway (aka freeway/autobahn/etc) all the way. And as I said, thanks to you all too.

Edited by MikeC