Jump to content

Infinity Models DH-100 Vampire F Mk3


Iain
 Share

Recommended Posts

Don’t get me wrong. I never shied away from ‘tinkering’ if you care to check my builds.
But for some reason, I don’t get along with SH. Not that I didn’t want to. But then the miniature gods of the modelling world move in mysterious ways. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for taking the time to do the review Iain. Although the subject has little interest for me, it seems to be an improvement on the helldiver which by all accounts was far from a replacement for the resin version.  

Perhaps it is this aspect that has goaded Infinity into cancelling the 410, which would have been up there on my list, because the standard has been set in resin as it were. 

The Vampire should sell well as its a popular subject all over. I do hope that infinity dont become another "kitty Hawk" so to speak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2022 at 1:41 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

One thing I did notice, however, is that the parts aren't numbered on the sprues.  Mostly not a problem, but lots of annoying page flipping with some of the detail parts.

 

:thumbsup:

 

 

Cheers,

Michael

I write the part numbers on the parts or next to them on the sprues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

 

Dang it. That was my hope for another Me-410, after I messed up the resin version.

 

 

 

Matt 

If you used CA glue then Freeze the kit over night and pull/crack it apart… else if you used Elmer’s then soak it in the sink, else if epoxy then break out baby saws all.  (All in fun of course)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

If you used CA glue then Freeze the kit over night and pull/crack it apart… else if you used Elmer’s then soak it in the sink, else if epoxy then break out baby saws all.  (All in fun of course)

 

It was mostly epoxy.  Problem was that somewhere along construction, I introduced a twist in the fuselage. All efforts to fix it made the problem worse, and of the top wing panels was heavily warped, and is rather rippled.

 

 

Matt 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I've just had word that the 410 isn't completely dead in the water, fingers crossed it does come to fruition in plastic.

 

 

I wouldn't think comparing sales of Helldiver #s to anything Luftwaffe would be an apples to apples comparison.  Love em or hate em, Luftwaffe stuff sells

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

 

 

I wouldn't think comparing sales of Helldiver #s to anything Luftwaffe would be an apples to apples comparison.  Love em or hate em, Luftwaffe stuff sells

 

Indeed, plus the 410 is a very attractive aircraft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To go back to the Vampire, compare cautiously the prices of the different resellers!!! There are differences going up to... 25% and I'm not even considering pre-order prices! Prices I saw are going from 65 to 93 euros. :blink: I went today with my son to a modelling exhibition and bought the second boxing from a Polish reseller. The price was too low to resist as I already built half of the first kit and started the Sea Vampire conversion in one week! I really love that kit in spite of some assembly challenges. I also saw the Tunnan and the prices differences were similar. Caveat emptor!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

To go back to the Vampire, compare cautiously the prices of the different resellers!!! There are differences going up to... 25% and I'm not even considering pre-order prices! Prices I saw are going from 65 to 93 euros. :blink: I went today with my son to a modelling exhibition and bought the second boxing from a Polish reseller. The price was too low to resist as I already built half of the first kit and started the Sea Vampire conversion in one week! I really love that kit in spite of some assembly challenges. I also saw the Tunnan and the prices differences were similar. Caveat emptor!

Are you building the Sea Vampire prototype or production model?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2022 at 2:05 PM, Out2gtcha said:

 

 

I wouldn't think comparing sales of Helldiver #s to anything Luftwaffe would be an apples to apples comparison.  Love em or hate em, Luftwaffe stuff sells

Agree about sales.  I am concerned that the 410 kit engineering needs to not follow on from the resin kit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Are you building the Sea Vampire prototype or production model?

The production one. There are not many visible differences: the rear fuselage pointy end with the hook and the hook actuator on the cockpit port side. All the other required parts are in the kit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The production one. There are not many visible differences: the rear fuselage pointy end with the hook and the hook actuator on the cockpit port side. All the other required parts are in the kit.

Just note the dive brakes and flaps have a greater surface area.

 

Alain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...