Happy Birthday Wolf Buddee ! July 5

GreyGhost

Thank-you all for the birthday wishes!

I’m still around but I’ve recently immersed myself in working on a car model. There’s a whole new world in aftermarket stuff for vehicles!

I had to have emergency surgery for a perforated ulcer the beginning of February. I spent two days in ICU after surgery and having gone septic, it was unclear whether I was going to remain on this side of the grass or not. I spent three weeks in hospital, I don’t remember anything of the first week. I was off work for a full two months. I’m still dealing with some residual effects of the surgery these days but overall doing much better. I sold off some of my stash and while going through it I discovered just how many car models I had so I figured it was time to have at ‘er on some of them. That’s why I’ve been a bit scarce here. It’s kind o’ like moving to a new neighborhood and finding there’s so much to explore. In my best Arnold Schwartzenegger voice, “I’ll be back.” 

Cheers,

Wolf 

42 minutes ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Thank-you all for the birthday wishes!

I’m still around but I’ve recently immersed myself in working on a car model. There’s a whole new world in aftermarket stuff for vehicles!

I had to have emergency surgery for a perforated ulcer the beginning of February. I spent two days in ICU after surgery and having gone septic, it was unclear whether I was going to remain on this side of the grass or not. I spent three weeks in hospital, I don’t remember anything of the first week. I was off work for a full two months. I’m still dealing with some residual effects of the surgery these days but overall doing much better. I sold off some of my stash and while going through it I discovered just how many car models I had so I figured it was time to have at ‘er on some of them. That’s why I’ve been a bit scarce here. It’s kind o’ like moving to a new neighborhood and finding there’s so much to explore. In my best Arnold Schwartzenegger voice, “I’ll be back.” 

Cheers,

Wolf 

Happy Birthday, Wolf! Glad to see you back, and even more glad that your medical emergency has panned out successfully.

Kev

Oh wow Wolf ..! :huh:

My uncle went through something very similar back in the early 60s ...

I'm happy you're still on the "upside" of the grass ..!

Its allot of fun exploring different genres of the hobby ..! :thumbsup:

~Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Happy Birthday Buddy and I'm so glad you are doing better.  I had some day surgery for a hernia go bad a few weeks ago and after a second surgery and another week in the hospital, I am finally starting to mend, although I have zero energy right now.  It must be a Canadian thing, eh? ^_^

Cars are great, but I've been looking forward to you attacking that 1/24 Airfix Hellcat kit you have in your stash.  I can see the magic you will perform on that really cool engine that only Wolf Buddee can create!

Cheers,

Chuck

Glad you're recovery was successful. I had an ulcer when I was 13 (not perforated) and man

those things are painful :o. No more spicy foods or carbonated drinks for you :(

Yeah post your car adventure in non-LSP. Most of us like car kits too.

Oh , and happy birthday Wolf !  I know how excited you must be about it.  :rolleyes:

j0j903N.jpg