KI-84 HASEGAWA 1/32 PLUS SOME AFTERMARKETS AND SOME SCRACHTBUILD

Daniel Iscold

First time posting an Work In Progress, ever!!! For this bird I'm using PE fret from Eduard for the interior. The quadrants control levers are made from melted cooper wire. The Instrument panel is from EDUARD PE fret. To reshape the control surfaces are not so a wise decision, they need some more refinements. Hope yoi like it and soon I'll come back with more pictures

4s56gCi.jpeg

EhpWCaD.jpeg

yhtosgC.jpeg

hiKuAwo.jpeg

mBocF1S.jpeg

QaKSmab.jpeg

j8JBY1a.jpeg

Nice job so far.  

Just an fyi in case you’re ever inclined to do it; aircraft reciprocating engines (most, if not all of them after the WWI era) use two spark plugs per cylinder.  That means a 14 cylinder engine will have 28 spark plugs and 28 ignition leads.  

2 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Nice job so far.  

Just an fyi in case you’re ever inclined to do it; aircraft reciprocating engines (most, if not all of them after the WWI era) use two spark plugs per cylinder.  That means a 14 cylinder engine will have 28 spark plugs and 28 ignition leads.  

Juggernut, Thank you for your consideration, But according some pictures taken from google there are only one sapark plug per cylinder on the Nakajima Ha-45 Homare. 

Nakajima Homare - Wikipedia

Ha-45-21.GIF

Or... maybe the other spark plug is hiden on the back side of each cylinder???? Yea I dont know. For sure I can do a better job on this engine. Maybe in a next model with a radial engine... 

Again thank you 

Edited by Daniel Iscold

Yep, you cannot see the plugs on the rear of the cylinders in that photograph but they're there. ;)  Won't really matter anyway since the cowling will hide all but the very front of the engine.  LOL, If I remember correctly, Hasegawa only provides the fronts of the cylinders anyway so any wires going to the rear plugs will get trunkated at the back side anyway.

Whoops, I miscounted the cylinders.... 18 cylinders = 36 spark plugs and wires.  MY error :)

What did you use to melt copper wire?  Lord knows I'd like to know how it gets a nice ball on the end like you've shown.

Edited by Juggernut

3 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Yep, you cannot see the plugs on the rear of the cylinders in that photograph but they're there. ;)  Won't really matter anyway since the cowling will hide all but the very front of the engine.  LOL, If I remember correctly, Hasegawa only provides the fronts of the cylinders anyway so any wires going to the rear plugs will get trunkated at the back side anyway.

Whoops, I miscounted the cylinders.... 18 cylinders = 36 spark plugs and wires.  MY error :)

What did you use to melt copper wire?  Lord knows I'd like to know how it gets a nice ball on the end like you've shown.

I did use a tip of hand torch. Just place the end of the cooper wire at the tip of flame, and let the gravity do the job, of forming a cooper blob. After cooling use a jewlery flat plier to flaten the wire, and then you'll have a tridimencional quadrant lever. In my opinion much better than a PE quarant lever, they are bidimencional. 

More from cp today. The Aotake blue was made using a layer o model master buffing metalizer aluminum, and a mix of clear blue and green from Tamiya. The idea was to achieve different color variation, since this color varies according the layers of stained varnish. The details was painted using a fine paintbrush and vallejo colors. Tomorrow this offive will take a PE seat and the gun sight will be build. Hope you like it fellows.aR7n9XE.jpeg

ZPBoI75.jpeg

dx0lEyX.jpeg

RyI8dWf.jpeg

WHc6Tqn.jpeg

YD7FV16.jpeg

More progress. After sanding the internal side of engine cowling, I glued styrene strips following the external panel lines. Despite the lack of references, I think it is plausible, what you think? I put together the wings an fuselage. Some wing root gaps where treated using streched sprue an CA glue, this method is simple, fast and provide a good bed material to re scribe the missing panel  line during the  sanding process. Now I´m preparing the model for the paint process. 

hpzKwDZ.jpeg

oknjpmE.jpeg

NU58A7c.jpeg

ZMrS8Qz.jpeg

Edited by Daniel Iscold