Hasegawa P-47D, Gabby Gabreski 1944

2 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

Looks like they went on very well.  Looking forward to seeing this progress.  

LoL, they went good except for where I stuck my thumb in the wet paint on one stripe.  I almost missed covering some of the white (masked off to shoot the black). I shot black on one wing before I noticed. I thought "whew...I almost screwed up". Then I proceeded to pick up the model by the wing I JUST painted. As I did I realized where my thumb was...DOH! Dumb. Really dumb... :doh:

Now I need to do the fuselage. I think I might try and use the decals for that. Maybe...

Andy

Edited by Ayovan

9 minutes ago, Ayovan said:

LoL, they went good except for where I stuck my thumb in the wet paint on one stripe.  I almost missed covering some of the white (masked off to shoot the black). I shot black on one wing before I noticed. I thought "whew...I almost screwed up". Then I proceeded to pick up the model by the wing I JUST painted. As I did I realized where my thumb was...DOH! Dumb. Really dumb... :doh:

Forgot to confess, I broke a flap hinge, too.  

Looking excellent!  I was planning to do this exact subject back when I thought I would be done with my move & associated projects in time to participate in this group build.  I’m glad to see someone doing it, and doing it so nicely.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Looking excellent!  I was planning to do this exact subject back when I thought I would be done with my move & associated projects in time to participate in this group build.  I’m glad to see someone doing it, and doing it so nicely.

Thanks Alex. It's been a really enjoyable build thus far.

Andy

Edited by Ayovan

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

Andy,

You are getting Way too excited.. stop it ! Calm down !!

:wicked:

Then you won't break anything else .. Anyhoo   even though you had a few minor scrapes  your P-47 is looking splendiferous. Paint  et al is mighty neat...

:goodjob:   :clap2:  :bow:

Thanks Maru. It's probably the best painting I've done on a model yet. It's been a lot of fun so far.

Andy

I thought I might get a little bit of a short cut for the D-Day stripes on the fuselage. Nope, not gunna be that lucky. The kit decal invasion stripes don't really line up correctly with the national insignia. I put the stars n bars on and cleared over them so I can lay the D-Day stripes out next weekend. I get to challenge myself a little. There is a small black border on the white that will be fun to mask.

1p7nkS.jpg

BSJLU4.jpg

Edited by Ayovan

Nice work soo far! :clap2:

You´ll be better off painting those stripes!

I had a real hell to get those decals in place, lucky for me, I had two kits so I had a lot of spare stripes and that saved me (and my build)!

Cheers!

Stefan :beer: